Soak up some of the very best views of Arenal Volcano from the water on a kayaking tour of Lake Arenal. It’s a great way to get a different perspective of the famous peak while observing native Costa Rican plants and animals near the lakeshore. Beginners are welcome, as you?ll get a lesson in basic paddling techniques and safety before launching onto the lake with a guide.
- Explore Arenal’s famous beauty on a kayaking tour
- Paddle in and around Lake Arenal with a guide and small group
- Look for plant and animal life and enjoy unobstructed volcano views
- Includes pickup and drop-off from La Fortuna hotels
What You Can Expect
Depart from La Fortuna at 8:00 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. to enjoy a pleasant day of kayaking on Lake Arenal and breathtaking views of the Arenal Volcano After a short drive, you will get to the Arenal Lake.
Our guides will give you the equipment such as a life jacket and a paddle. Then the tour begins with an orientation to paddling. You will learn basic paddle strokes, safety, and rules of the water.
Once on the water, our guides will lead you along the shoreline for an incredible view of the volcano. On your journey, you may observe different species of birds like the Great Blue, Heron, Kingfisher, Flycatcher, Anhinga and may also possibly hear the Howler Monkey Kayak on Arenal Lake while enjoying Arenal Volcano`s panoramic view.
- Bilingual Guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Pick up at the following hotels is upon request and an extra charge applies Tucano, La Mansion Inn, Los Heroes, Rancho Margot, Nuevo Arenal, Lost Iguana, Observatorio Lodge, Arenal Lodge, Tilajari, La Garza, Arenal Vista, and The Springs Resort.
- Not suitable during pregnancy and people with walking difficulties
- Not children under 6 years.
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase.
- You must be 30 minutes before the pickup in the lobby of the hotel.
- Submit Voucher payment
- What to Bring:?Comfortable clothing, Strap on sandals or tennis shoes, Waterproof camera, Sunscreen Lotion.
- IMPORTANT:?If you do not have the two passengers at least, the tour is canceled.
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Fortuna downtown, Tabacon, Arenal Springs, Volcano Lodge, Arenal Manoa, Volcano Inn, Arenal Paraiso, Kioro
08:00 am and 13:00 pm
3 hours 30 minutes (approx.)
12:00 am and 17:00 pm
Returns to the original departure point