- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
What You Can Expect
Discover a population living immersed in the mountains and will receive you with open arms to teach about their culture and ancestral customs.
Our walk begins inside an old abandoned cocoa plantation. Slowly begin to ascend to the secondary and primary forest, an area with great natural and ecological to study and share the wealth.
The guide will give us all the necessary information about the community, its history, culture, and traditions, in addition to the achievements of the Wak Association ka koneke in bird research within the community, and in this new phase, with the organization Orok wak ka SA, is expected to break new efforts to create alternative employment for partners and neighbors in the community.
The population belongs mostly to the Bribri and Cab?car ethnic groups, still retaining clans and languages.
During the tour, we will enjoy the singing of birds, frogs, and other animals and see the varieties of butterflies as Morphos and exotic flowers like heliconias, besides knowing the history of plants and their properties.
The maximum altitude of the trek is 220 meters above sea level, along the way we will make short stops to reach an observation deck, where you can relax and watch the birds of prey and land on their migration during the two seasons in the year from this point we can see the mountains of Talamanca and Panama Sixaola River valley and the Atlantic coast.
Through the newly formed organization of Or?k wak k? S.A., they intend to make every effort to create new self-sustaining alternative employment for the partners and neighbors of this community. The population of this area consists mostly of indigenous Bribri and Cabecar with their own clans and languages.
- Tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase.
- Please note that the hotel pickup might be 2 hours prior to the tour departure, depending on the location of your hotel.
- You must be 30 minutes before the pickup in the lobby of the hotel.
- Submit Voucher payment
- What to Bring:?Hiking boots, Binoculars, Long pants, Insect repellent.
If you do not have the two passengers at least, the tour is canceled.
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels Puerto Viejo of Limon and Cahuita
4 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point