Costa Rica’s world-renowned wilderness looks even better when explored in one of the country’s less-frequented pockets of rainforest. Hike through the Kekoldi Reserve with a guide on this trip from Limon, with opportunities to spot the reserve’s abundant wildlife and to swim at the foot of a waterfall. This tour also introduces you to local Bribri culture with lunch at a local home before?return transfer to your hotel.
- Hike through Kekoldi Reserve from Limon
- Opportunities to spot birds, frogs, mammals, butterflies, and more in their natural habitat
- Learn about the ecosystem from your guide as you go
- Swim in a natural pool at the foot of a waterfall
- Stop to take in the view from a lookout point
- Lunch with a local Bribri family to learn about one of Costa Rica’s only surviving indigenous groups
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Begin your day tour with pickup from your hotel, then visit an old, abandoned cocoa plantation. You will slowly ascend through the forests of the area. Your guide will provide you with all the necessary information about the local community, its history, culture, and traditions.
Throughout your tour, you will see and hear birds, frogs, butterflies, and other animals as well as exotic flowers like heliconias.
During the climb through the forest, you will stop at an observation deck, where you can relax and watch the birds of prey as well as the mountains of Talamanca, the Panama Sixola River valley, and the Atlantic coast.
Continue on through the tropical forest to a waterfall where you can go for a swim. Then stop at the home of a local Bribri family for a delicious lunch and a conversation about the indigenous traditions and customs. You can also purchase local crafts in the community before heading back to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour guide
- Visit the waterfall
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not suitable for pregnant women and individuals who have recently had surgery
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Be sure to provide your hotel information
- Please note that the hotel pickup might be 2 hours prior to the tour’s departure time, depending on the location of your hotel
- You must be in the lobby of your hotel 30 minutes prior to your pickup time. A minimum of 2 passengers per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your hotel in Puerto Viejo of Limon and Cahuita
8 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point