Experience Costa Rica?s famed natural beauty and biodiversity in an eco-friendly way with a day trip to La Paz Waterfall Gardens from San Jose. Observe rescued rainforest creatures like spider monkeys, toucans, tree frogs, and even jaguars while learning about the nature reserve?s conservation efforts. Lunch among the serene jungle setting and transport from San Jose are included.
- Full-day tour to La Paz Waterfall Garden from San Jose
- Visit a popular nature reserve and learn about ongoing conservation efforts
- Observe native Costa Rican wildlife in 10 carefully designed exhibits
- See rescued pumas, jaguars, monkeys, amphibians, birds, and more
- Eco-friendly and responsible way to learn about Costa Rican wildlife
- Lunch and transport from San Jose hotels included
What You Can Expect
After morning pickup at Your San Jose hotel, leave the city behind and watch the landscape change as you drive past coffee plantations and fields rich with ferns, flowers, and strawberries. When you arrive at La Paz Waterfall Gardens, get an orientation to all that this popular nature reserve has to offer. Designed with eco-friendly principles in mind, La Paz aims to protect Costa Rica?s natural treasures will educating visitors about its extraordinary biodiversity and need for careful conservation.
Stroll along more than 2 miles (3.5 km) of walking trails that run through 10 different exhibits showcasing native Costa Rican species. Admire winged wonders at the Aviary, Hummingbird Garden, and Butterfly Observatory, and view the rain forest?s cold-blooded critters at the Serpentarium and Frog Exhibit. Monkey around with rehabilitated spider and white-faced monkeys, and watch rescued jaguars, pumas and other endangered Central American felines prowl (on the other side of safety glass) at the Jungle Cats exhibit.
You can also get a taste of traditional Costa Rican country life at the Casita de la Paz reproduced historical farmhouse and soak up the serene beauty of Trout Lake and natural waterfalls. Midday, take a break for an included lunch surrounded by the lush tropical scenery. The tour concludes with drop-off back at your San Jose hotel in the afternoon.
- Tour guide
- Entrance fee to La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- It is highly recommended that you bring long pants, a light jacket, comfortable shoes, and a camera
- Minimum of 2 passengers is required for the tour to run; if the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Centrally located San Jose hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
7 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point