Experience the mist-shrouded treetops and incredible biodiversity of Costa Rica’s Monteverde Cloud Forest on a shore excursion from Puntarenas. Travel from the Pacific Coast to the country?s higher altitudes, where you’ll explore a vast array of tropical flora and wildlife while hiking across six suspended bridges. Recharge with included lunch, and then learn about the lifecycle of Costa Rica’s most famous import on a coffee plantation tour.
- Full-day cloud forest and coffee tour shore excursion from Puntarenas
- Visit the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Learn about the cloud forest’s unique ecosystem and rich biodiversity
- Look for native rain forest wildlife including birds, monkeys, and reptiles
- See how coffee beans are grown and harvested on a coffee plantation tour
- Enjoy a typical Costa Rican lunch
- Includes convenient port pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
This tour?starts when you leave the port of call and get into the Panamerican Highway.?You get to the?road to Monteverde.?The descendants of the original Quakers that came here in the 50?s, decided to protect their paradise from massive tourism by not paving the roads that access the region. In a country and area where the pouring rains turn dust into mud in a blink, this defense worked for many years.
You will see why as you arrive at the Cloud Forest.?The area where you have the first contact with this magical sort of rainforest has 6 bridges in total.?As you come out of this enchanting and enchanted forest you will travel to a lower area in Monteverde to enjoy the fun, the learning and the discovery of coffee, chocolate, and sugar. What comes next is Don Juan Coffee Tour.?After you finish this great tour you will be taken for a delicious healthy lunch as a part of the tour and then, back to the pier with smiles in your heart and face.
You will be taken back to the pier by 3 pm.
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
7 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point