With just one day in port in Lim?n, discover Costa Rica?s exotic wildlife and spot toucans, howler monkeys, iguanas, red dart frogs, and much more. This 5-hour shore excursion combines two spectacular wildlife experiences ? a cruise down the Tortuguero canal and a nature walk through the Brisas de la Jungla rainforest. Port pickup and drop-off are included.
- 5-hour tour of Tortuguero canal and Brisas de la Jungla from Limon
- Spot howler monkeys, sloths, and crocodiles as you cruise down the Tortuguero Canal
- Look out for tropical birds as you trek through the rainforest at Brisas de la Jungla
- Great-value tour includes port pickup, entrance fees, and round-trip transport
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide on arrival at Limon cruise port around 8 am or 9 am (depending on cruise arrival time) and head straight to the Tortuguero Canal. Hop aboard a traditional covered boat and set out on a scenic cruise along the Tortuguero Canal, gliding through the lush rainforest of the Tortuguero National Park.
Along the way, learn more about the region?s unique ecosystem and look out for wildlife including toucans, bats, iguanas, and sloths. If you?re lucky, you?ll have the chance to?see gigantic crocodiles and howler monkeys swinging from the trees.
After the cruise, hop back on the bus for a short transfer to Brisas de la Jungla, another wildlife haven along Limon?s coast. On arrival, follow your guide on a short half-mile (1km) nature trail, where you?ll hopefully get chance to see Costa Rica?s famous red dart frog or spy adorable three-toed sloths hanging from the tree branches. The forest is also renowned for its beautiful flowers, including wild epiphytes, orchids and bromeliads, and diverse bird life including toucans, oropendola, tanagers, hummingbirds, kiskadees, and many more exotic species.
At the end of the tour, return to Limon, where you?ll be dropped back at the port in time for your cruise departure.
- Entrance fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
You will be met at the cruise pier
8 am or?9 am depending on your Ship Name and Arrival Time
Note: Pick up time depends on the ship and its arrival time. We will send a note to all clients indicating the correct pick up time for the tour.
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
5 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point