Grab your passport and take in?some of Nicaragua?s highlights on a full-day trip from Costa Rica to Granada, Masaya Volcano, and a local pottery market. You?ll spend the morning exploring colonial-era architecture, eat lunch in a Granada restaurant, then see the active volcano at the heart of Nicaragua?s largest national park. This full-day Nicaragua tour includes breakfast, lunch, and all activities, as well as round-trip transport from selected hotels in Papagayo Bay, Tamarindo, and Salinas.
- Full-day Nicaragua tour from the Guanacaste region
- The easy way to add Nicaragua to a Costa Rica trip
- Visit the colonial-era city of Granada
- Horse-drawn carriage tour of the historic center
- Try Nicaraguan cuisine
- See the active Masaya Volcano
- Pickup and drop-off at select hotels
What You Can Expect
Get an early start on the day with 5 am pick up at your hotel, then head for the border with Nicaragua (the early departure time helps avoid lines at the border). Once across, stop for a Nicaraguan breakfast near the city of Rivas, then continue to Granada, one of the oldest colonial cities in America.
Trade your vehicle for a horse-drawn carriage tour of Granada?s distinctive architecture, from the yellow-and-white cathedral to the Plaza de Espa?a, where you?ll have great views of Lake Nicaragua. Pause for lunch in a restaurant with a view of the city, refueling for an afternoon of exploring the area near Masaya Volcano National Park.
Watch for the fluid basaltic lava that sometimes appears on Nicaragua?s most active volcano, then visit a market in Masaya town, where vendors bring locally-crafted pottery?(it makes a great souvenir of Nicaragua).?Following your time in Masaya, begin the return trip to Costa Rica, where this tour concludes with drop-off at your original departure point.
- Entrance fees
- All Departure taxes
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Passport name, number, expiry, and the country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Must bring an original passport, no copies, you will be traveling to another country.
- Must send a picture of the passport by mail to purchase exit tax to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some nationalities are not allowed to travel, please request.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
- Playa panama
- Playa Hermosa
- Playa del Coco
- Four seasons
- Secrets Papagayo
- Grand Papagayo
- Villa Sol
Tamarindo Area & Golden Coast:
- Dreams las Mareas
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
12 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point