Easily travel to Nicaragua from Costa Rica with this shuttle option. Depart La Fortuna in northwestern Costa Rica and head to Solentiname, a group of islands toward the southern end of Lake Nicaragua. First, ride in an air-conditioned vehicle to San Carlos in Nicaragua, receive border assistance when you cross into Nicaragua, then travel by boat from San Carlos to Solentiname. Lunch and a guided tour of San Carlos are included.
- Avoid the hassle of navigating the border crossing between the two countries
- Travel in an air-conditioned vehicle; the trip includes coffee breaks
- Enjoy lunch and a guided walk in San Carlos before heading to Solentiname
- Hotel pickup in the La Fortuna/Arenal area is provided
What You Can Expect
After pick up at your hotel by air-conditioned transportation you first travel for about 2 hours to arrive at Los Chiles where you have a coffee break. Afterward, you go to Las Tablillas which is the border crossing with Nicaragua at about 20 minutes from Los Chiles. Before going to Las Tablillas you first stop at a small office?in Los Chiles?to pay the exit taxes.?Once you arrive at Las Tablillas you complete the border formalities at the Costa Rican side of the border after that you walk across to the Nicaraguan side of the border, a short walk of 500 feet (150 meters). Here your guide waits for you to assist you with the immigration process. Your guide accompanies you to the air-conditioned transportation that takes you to San Carlos (Nicaragua). Here you have lunch. After lunch, your guide takes you for a city walk where you visit the local market, a nice viewpoint, and some historical buildings. Afterward,s your guide takes you to the dock where you board the boat to Solentiname, the boat ride takes 1 hour on Lake Nicaragua, the biggest freshwater lake in Central-America.
- Hotel pickup
- Local bilingual guide
- One-way shared transfer (La Fortuna – San Carlos)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Border assistance at the Nicaraguan side of the border
- City walk
- Shared boat transportation San Carlos – Solentiname
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- The listed price does not include a U$8 per person Costa Rica departure tax, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control. The entrance tax to Nicaragua U$12 per person neither is included
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (from La Fortuna to San Carlos)
- Children from 4 to 11 years old get 30% discount, this only applies to two children being accompanied by two adults
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
All hotels in the La Fortuna/Arenal area, if your hotel is located outside the 10 mile radius from the center of La Fortuna a surcharge is applied
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
9 hours (approx.)