One-way shared a shuttle from La Fortuna in Costa Rica to Omepete in Nicaragua. The service includes ground transportation to San Carlos (Nicaragua), border assistance at the Nicaraguan side of the border, lunch, and flight from San Carlos to Ometepe.
The shuttle service doesn’t include customs fees (exit taxes Costa Rica and entry taxes Nicaragua). Departure at 7:30 am from hotels in the center of La Fortuna, arrival at Ometepe at 2:35 pm.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Get inside tips from a local
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
What You Can Expect
After pick up at your hotel by air-conditioned transportation, you first travel for about 2 hours to arrive at Los Chiles where you have a coffee break and you have time to use the restrooms.
Afterward, you go to Las Tablillas, which is the border crossing with Nicaragua located about 20 minutes from Los Chiles. Before going to Las Tablillas you first stop at a small office in Los Chiles to pay the exit taxes. Once you arrive at Las Tablillas you have to complete the border formalities at the Costa Rican side of the border and after that, you walk across to the Nicaraguan side of the border, a short walk (only 150 meters).
Here your guide assists you with the immigration process. Your guide accompanies you to the air-conditioned transportation that takes you to San Carlos (Nicaragua). Here you have lunch and afterwards, your guide takes you to the airport to board the airplane to Ometepe, the flight takes 25 minutes.
- Hotel pickup
- Local guide
- One-way shared transfer (La Fortuna – San Carlos)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Border assistance at the Nicaraguan side of the border
- Flight San Carlos – Ometepe
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- The listed price does not include a U$9 per person Costa Rica departure tax, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control. The entrance tax to Nicaragua U$12 per person neither is included
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (from La Fortuna to San Carlos)
- Children under 4 years old travel for free, while they are accompanied by two adults
- Bear in mind that during the holiday season there is a greater influx of visitors crossing the border
- 13% Value Added Tax (IVA) is not included in the?rate and is not applicable until further notice of Costa Rican state
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase (30 lbs./13.6 kgs) and up to 45 linear inches/114 cm. (length + height + width) and 1 carry-on bag (a lady?s handbag or purse, a reasonable amount of reading material for the flight, a small camera and/or a pair of binoculars, a laptop computer). Excess baggage will be charged at US$1.20 per pound and will be considered standby bags. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months prior to the date of entry into Costa Rica/Nicaragua
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Centrally located La Fortuna hotels, if your hotel is located outside the 10-mile radius from the center of La Fortuna a surcharge is applied
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.