About the Tour
The Pacuare River is rated one of the top rivers in the world for a host of reasons. Located on Costa Rica?s Caribbean slope, the Pacuare River borders the Talamanca Mountain Range, home to native Cabecar people, pristine rainforest and an incredible
variety of wildlife. Our multi-day trips treat you to an exceptional adventure vacation combining rafting with a stay at our National Geographic award-winning ecolodge alongside the Pacuare River.
Warm water, cascading waterfalls, and lush rainforest with its brilliantly colored plants, animals and birds make this trip exquisite for your senses. Add in two sections of exciting Class III-IV whitewater rapids, and you have a tropical adventure packed with
rich experiences that you?ll remember forever.
Stay overnight or up to four days in our environmentally sustainable ecolodge that offers you all the comforts you need, including electricity and private bathrooms with hot showers! Our Rios Tropicales Lodge received the prestigious National Geographic Geotourism Award for our environmental actions in rainforest restoration and sustainable community development. Nestled riverside on our 2,400-acre private rainforest reserve, exquisitely-designed, indigenous-inspired bungalows offer simple luxury ? adventure vacationing at its best! Dine in our open-air pavilion with exceptional meals and wine, more stars than you can imagine, and the vibrant sounds of the jungle. Our daily happy hour every afternoon at 5:00 is legendary.
You will sleep peacefully lulled by the sounds of the river and the creek that crosses the heart of our lodge. More than 40 miles of trails, including a suspension bridge, weave through our rainforest property. And who needs a manmade swimming pool or Jacuzzi when we have so many natural pools with waterfalls next to the lodge. During your days at the lodge, you can enjoy on-site zip lining through the forest canopy (extra cost), rainforest hikes with naturalist guides, waterfall rappelling, horseback riding
to a sustainable butterfly garden, self-guided walks to waterfalls and pools, bird watching, and relaxing in a hammock overlooking the beautiful Pacuare River. Help us restore the rainforest by planting a tree in our reforestation project at our private rainforest reserve ? the largest in the Pacuare region. Over 30,150 trees have been planted so far! We invite you to relax, explore, and enjoy Costa Rica?s natural paradise. The longer you stay, the more refreshed you return to your daily routine ? we guarantee it!
- Comfortable, private, air-conditioned transportation from San Jose to the river and back, with door-to-door pick-up and drop-off at your San Jose metro area hotel. Along the way, one of our friendly, bilingual tour guides will tell you about Costa Rica, the countryside you are passing through, and your river trip ahead.
- Transportation is available from Arenal and Puerto Viejo (additional charge applies; must arrange in advance).
- Bilingual, International Rafting Federation certified guides, who will inspire you as you paddle down the river informing you about the incredible nature and the company?s sustainable and conservation projects.
- State-of-the-art rafting equipment with top-of-the-line rafts (SOTAR and MARAVIA), helmets, paddles, and U.S. Coast Guard-approved lifejackets.
- Delicious, traditional Costa Rican buffet breakfast with Do?a Gloria?s famous omelets at our Rios Tropicales Operations Center on Day 1.
- Large men?s and women?s changing rooms with showers and private secure lockers at the Operations Center.
- Accommodation at the award-winning Rios Tropicales Lodge.
- Mouth-watering, healthy, home-cooked meals during your stay at the lodge.
- On-site activities and local tours during your free days (additional charges may apply)
- Hot buffet lunch at the Operations Center; or River Picnic Lunch (in dry season) on a scenic riverbank.
- Secure, dry transport of your luggage to our Rios Tropicales Lodge (on overnight and multi-day trips)
- Pick-up at your San Jose area hotel
- Transportation to the Rios Tropicales Operations Center and the river
- Delicious Costa Rican breakfast buffet at the Rios Tropicales Operations Center
- Paddle and safety instruction at the Pacuare River put-in
- Rafting class II and III rapids in the Pacuare River
- Hearty, riverside picnic lunch with time for a refreshing waterfall swim
- Arrival at the Rios Tropicales Lodge
- Time to play and relax
- Welcome cocktail and snacks at happy hour
- Delicious dinner by candlelight
- Full breakfast daily
- Choose from several activities to enjoy, or just relax in a hammock
- Lunch at the lodge or picnic-style if you?re hiking or touring
- Another delicious dinner by candlelight
- Healthy breakfast
- Pack and prepare to continue the adventure down the Pacuare River
- Rafting class III and IV rapids on the Lower Pacuare and Gorge
- Hearty hot lunch at the Rios Tropicales Operations Center
- Transportation back to your San Jose area hotel
- Minimum Age: 12 years old on Dry Season & 14 years old on Rainy Season.
- Trip Length: 3 full days (4 ? hours on the river)
Please note that the price shows complete packages for 1, 2 or 3 people including rafting + accommodation.?
Please don’t change the number in the quantity field, but only the drop-down menu of the package.?