Take in views of stunning tropical scenery as you navigate Class III-IV rapids along the Pacuare River on this small-group tour from San Jose. Join your professional river rafting guide and your group of 10 people or fewer for a full day of rafting, hiking, and dining by the riverside. Although this is a challenging course, no prior rafting experience is necessary.
- A full day of rafting down the Pacuare River with optional hiking midway
- Take in views of the tropical scenery lining the banks of Pacuare River
- Professional guide ensures your safety and entertainment throughout the trip
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people or fewer for a more personalized experience
- Riverside lunch included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from San Jose included
What You Can Expect
Soak up the natural beauty of the pristine Pacuare Canyon in between exhilarating Class III-IV rapids.? Your guides ? turned white-gloved waiters – will also treat you to a gourmet riverbank lunch in their outdoor “river restaurant.”
Start out early in the morning being pickup by your river guide at your San Jos? hotel. With no more than one other stop en route to a deluxe Costa Rican breakfast before you get to the river. Upon arrival at the put-in point, your professional guides will give an orientation and safety discussion. Next, proceed down the river on continuous Class III-IV rapids.
Be swept down the Pacuare Gorge by the currents, and soak in the natural beauty of the primary and secondary rainforests surrounding you. Water level permitting, a guide will lead you on a hike up one of the many creeks that spill into the Pacuare. Upon return to the riverbank, you will find a gourmet lunch prepared by your guides turned white-gloved waiters.
Float and paddle downriver to the take-out in the Caribbean town of Siquirres where towels and a victory cocktail await you (alcoholic beverages available to purchase). Receive a complimentary photo CD upon conclusion of your tour. Ride back to your San Jose hotel (approx. 2 – 2.5 hours).
Very Important Notes:
- The minimum age for any trip on Pacuare River, from December ? May, is 12 years old / June ? November, is 14 years old. The age limit is not negotiable despite the height or weight of the minor
- If the 12-year-old minor does not reach a minimum height of 4? 11 (1.5 m), his or her participation on the trip must be previously approved by Costa Rica Expeditions
- This trip is not recommended for guests over 75 years old
- Specific facts regarding height, weight, and age of minors must be disclosed to the tour operators ahead of time. Rafting guides have no power to decide if children will face issues once on the river.
- Bottled water
- Buffet lunch
- Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of?4 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passport name, number, expiry, and the country is required at time of booking for all participants
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Cancellations the same day of the tour?only occur if the water level is too high. In those cases, you’ll receive a full refund of the tour
- Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pickup from all hotels within the San Jose central area as well as some hotels in Alajuela and Heredia (near the airport)
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
10 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point