The PADI Open Water Diver certification is the most popular and well-recognized scuba diving certification in the world and is a pre-requisite for participating in most diving trips. Open doors to adventure by completing the PADI course over two days with certified instructors in Playa Flamingo, learning to dive off Costa Rica?s beautiful Pacific coast.
- PADI certification course in Playa Flamingo
- Spend two days earning a certification that lasts a lifetime
- The first step toward scuba diving anywhere in the world
- Includes four sea dives off Costa Rica?s beautiful Pacific coast
What You Can Expect
The PADI Open Water Diver course is comprised of four components: classroom or online academic training, equipment training, pool training, and open water training. Choose to complete the academic portion of your training in the classroom, or enroll as an e-learner to complete this portion prior to your arrival in Costa Rica.
At the dive center in Playa Flamingo, take a total of five pool dives (flexible start times) and four 45-minute sea dives over the course of two days. All sea dives begin at 7:30 a.m. and end at approximately 12:30 p.m. and take place on Costa Rica?s beautiful Pacific coast.
Once you have completed the course, you will receive your PADI Open Water Diver certification, enabling you to dive all over the world.
- Light refreshments on board
- PADI Instructor
- PADI Open Water Certification
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities for Instructor and Boat Captain/Crew (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Courses conducted in multiple languages
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Centrally located meeting point
Course start and completion times are flexible and subject to individual/group conditions.
Fixed Times: Sea Dives depart by 8:30 am and meet time is 7:30 am at the dive center.
Returns to original departure point