Every diver should aspire to be a PADI Rescue Diver. During your training, you will learn to recognize and understand the cause of diving accidents in addition to strengthening your own self-rescue skills. In this physically challenging course, you will learn how to manage diving accidents and work as a team to help those in need. The PADI Rescue Diver course is a perfect compliment to your training so far making you a more competent and aware diver who thinks like a diver.
What You Can Expect
The Rescue Diver Course at Scuba Dive Costa Rica is conducted over 3 to 4 days. Here is a sample schedule to give you an idea of your time commitment;
Day 1??? Emergency First Response (If Required) – Half
Day Day 2??? Rescue Pool – Half Day
Day 3??? Rescue Ocean Dives – 7:30 to 1:30
Day 4??? Rescue Ocean Dives – 7:30 to 1:30
The EFR and Pool dive start times are somewhat flexible but are best completed in the morning. All Ocean dives start with a meet at the center at 7:30.
All required equipment is included in the published price but at this level, you should be thinking about acquiring some of your own equipment. Comfort and reliability of your equipment is a fundamental factor Rescue and Professional divers.
- Light refreshments on board the diving boat
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Evidence of an Advanced Open Water dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a Rescue Diver Course.
- Evidence of a current CPR/First Aid certification is required or can be completed in conjunction with this Rescue Diver Course.
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended.
- All participants will be required to complete a new health questionnaire prior to signing up for a new level of certification. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, Diabetes etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor if you are not sure.
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
This course starts in either Classroom or Pool. On sign up to this course, we will communicate all start and anticipated end times, including location and pick up options.
3 to 4 days