Discover the incredible birds and biodiversity of Palo Verde National Park on this boat tour with lunch, departing from Tamarindo. Spot native wildlife such as crocodiles, iguanas, monkeys, and a colorful parade of bird species during a 2-hour cruise down the Tempisque River led by a naturalist guide. Afterward, discuss your sightings with fellow travelers over a traditional Costa Rican lunch at a local restaurant.
- Morning river safari tour from Tamarindo
- Cruise along the Tempisque River bordering Palo Verde National Park
- Visit one of Costa Rica’s best bird-watching locales
- Spot monkeys, crocodiles, iguanas, and many exotic birds
- Learn about the park’s unique wetlands environment from a naturalist guide
- Savor a traditional Costa Rican lunch at a restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop off provided for Tamarindo, Langosta, Brasilito, Flamingo, and Conchal
What You Can Expect
Morning hotel pickup is provided for locations in Tamarindo, Langosta, Brasilito, Flamingo, and Conchal. Relax and enjoy the rich scenery of Guanacaste’s backcountry during the roughly 1-hour journey to reach Palo Verde National Park. This protected nature reserve is known for its unique dual landscape featuring wetlands surrounding the Tempisque River as well as a tropical dry forest environment. Costa Rica?s dry season attracts hundreds of species of migratory birds to the park, making it one of the country’s premier birdwatching destinations.
When you arrive, board a riverboat for a leisurely 2-hour cruise along the Tempisque. Admire the park?s undisturbed beauty while a naturalist guide provides insight into its unique ecosystem. Keep a sharp eye out for some of the many creatures that make their home along the river banks, including crocodiles, howler and capuchin monkeys, deer, raccoons, and iguanas. Your guide will help identify local and migratory birds such as macaws, guacacos, kingfishers, tiger herons, wood storks, and jabiru birds.
After the safari, climb back onto solid ground and head to a local restaurant for a typical Costa Rican lunch. Relax on the return ride to your coastal hotel, where the 6-hour tour concludes in the afternoon.
- Sightseeing cruise
- Lunch included
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- National Park fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Departs from your hotel, condo, or house in?the following areas:
Zone 1 – Hotel RIU Palace and RIU Guanacaste, Ocotal, Coco, Hermosa, Playa Panama
Zone 2 – JW Marriott, Tamarindo, Langosta, Conchal, Flamingo, Grande? (contact us for other locations)
Zone 1 – 7:00 am
Zone 2?- 7:00 am
6 hours (approx.)