Experience the best of Liberia’s nature and culture on this combo tour, beginning with a river safari in?Palo Verde National Park. Cruise through Costa Rica’s largest wetlands while looking for native wildlife like crocodiles, monkeys, and endangered birds. Later, swim or simply relax while surrounded by tropical forest at the base of lovely?Llanos del Cort?s waterfall, and then discover Liberia’s colonial history and modern commerce on a city sightseeing tour.
- Full-day Liberia combo tour from the Papagayo Gulf
- Look for wild crocodiles, monkeys, and birds on a river cruise in Palo Verde National Park
- Swim at the base of the Llanos del Cort?s waterfall
- Explore the regional history and see colonial architecture on a Liberia city tour
- Enjoy a typical Costa Rican lunch
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
City & Nature Combo includes Palo Verde – Bebedero Boat Safari, lunch, visit Llano Cortes Waterfalls, Liberia City Tour.
Palo Verde National Park is a wildlife refuge located between Tempisque and Bebedero rivers; in this park, you can find the biggest area of wetlands in Costa Rica.?Scientists from all over the world come to study this rich ecosystem that combines rivers, marshland, mangroves and dry forest. During the bus ride, you will travel through the changing countryside of savannas, plantations, and little villages.
After boarding the boat, you will be able to admire the natural beauty of this park, including wildlife; such as huge crocodiles resting under the sun, groups of monkeys moving quickly between the branches, while the boat takes you in a floating safari adventure through Tropical Forest.
Some birds are resident species plentiful in the area and it is possible to see hundreds of theme like Anhinga or ?Snake Bird?, Roseate Spoonbill, Wood Storks, the Jabiru, the largest bird in Central America and very endangered.? Also, you can see the Olivaceous Cormorant, the White Ibis, Blue Herons and much more.
Llanos de Cort?s Waterfall
The Llanos del Cort?s waterfalls are surrounded by lush vegetation, its waters form a beautiful curtain falls, forming a pond or pool where you can swim or just cool off and enjoy the beautiful surroundings where magic is complemented by the sound of falling water. Furthermore, this oasis offers the particularity of having a beach of clear sands, where you can enjoy the spectacular view of the falling water.
The safety of its refreshing waters and the variety of flora and fauna in such a small size make it an ideal place to visit … so, do not miss this natural treasure!
Liberia was founded as a hermitage without any legal or formal act of foundation on September 4, 1769.?It is often called by its inhabitants as ” The White City” because of the white gravel once used to build the city streets and whitewashed colonial houses that once were found in much of the town.?It was a typical lowlands town with wide streets, old buildings, and adobe houses. Today it is a city that has combined old structures, customs, and traditions with modernism and new buildings including shopping centers and service companies.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Sightseeing cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
This tour only runs from:
Hotels in the Papagayo Gulf :
or Tamarindo Areas such:
Coco Beach Hotels
Hermosa? Beach Hotels
Panama Beach Hotels
Tamarindo Beach Area:
Please advise your?hotel name when booking.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
9 hours (approx.)