Immerse yourself in Palo Verde National Park and the surrounding area on this half-day guided tour. At the park, you?ll be able to spot wildlife such as white-faced, howler, and spider monkeys; 3-foot-long (1-meter-long) iguanas; crocodiles; and more from on board a boat. Following a Costa Rican lunch, view a demonstration of local hand-crafted pottery and stop in Cocoa Beach to shop.
- This small-group tour has a maximum of eight people
- An authentic Costa Rican lunch is provided, along with a coffee tasting
- A stop in Guaitil (known for its pottery and food) is optional
- Roundtrip transportation from area hotels is included
What You Can Expect
Enjoy the ?wetlands? of Costa Rica on this Half Day Tour.
On this tour, you will navigate the River Tempisque for 2 hours inside a protected area called Palo Verde National Park. This is a highlight of Guanacaste Province; you have the opportunity to see all kinds of wildlife such as white-faced monkeys, howler monkeys, spider monkeys, iguanas over one meter long, crocodiles where you can take pictures up close, roseate spoonbills, storks, hawks, Jarius, Parrots, macaws, tiger herons and more! After the boat ride, we eat a typical lunch where the ladies cook food in wood stoves and where you can taste the authentic flavor of the food in Costa Rica after lunch we will present a demonstration of handicraft chorotega and see people keep the style of the Indians chorotegas of making art with clay. Enjoy coffee tasting as part of the trip and finally we going to coco beach town where you have free time for shopping in the local markets. Optional: Guatil Traditional Town. This tour is available if you only want to do the River Boat.
We included in this tour: transportation-A/C, ?tour guide, entrance park, boat ride, Costa Rican lunch, Indian handicraft demonstration, coffee taste, and coco beach town.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of XX people per booking is required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Riu Guanacaste Hotel
Riu Palace Hotel
Secret Hotel Papagayo
Andaz Hotel Papagayo
Four Season Resort
Paradisus Playa Conchal
Every day, activity starts at 7:30 am to 2:30 pm Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
6 to 7 hrs