Enjoy two outdoor activities in one day on this 8-hour private combo tour from San Jose. With a naturalist guide, visit the Sarapiqui region of Costa Rica for both adventures ? whitewater rafting and horseback riding. Lunch and private transportation are included.
- 8-hour private whitewater rafting and horseback-riding tour from San Jose
- Experience two outdoor adventures in the Costa Rican rainforest in one day
- Ride horses through the forest of Sarapiqui region
- Tackle the rapids of the Sarapiqui River
- Lunch and private transportation included
What You Can Expect
Your tour starts with hotel pickup in San Jose by private vehicle for the drive to Sarapiqui, a region north of San Jose with a rainforest environment and flowing rivers.
Horseback riding is first, which lasts 1.5 hours and takes place in the middle of a secondary forest. Then replenish your energy with lunch before the rafting portion of your tour, where you’ll float down the Sarapiqui River. Enjoy a mix of Class II to Class III rapids and slow stretches as you travel 8 miles (13 km) along the river, watching for birds and admiring the verdant scenery.
Your tour ends with the return to San Jose for hotel drop-off.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Gratuities (recommended)
Returns to the original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.