Experience the natural wonders of Costa Rica on this private, full-day tour of Santa Teresa including a hike, snorkeling, wildlife, and a visit to Tortuga Island. Wander through the Curu Wildlife Refuge in the Nicoya Peninsula to see the white-nosed coatis, capuchin and howler monkeys, and tropical birds. Get to know locals during a traditional lunch served in a family home before sailing to Tortuga Island to snorkel and swim.
- See animals living in the Curu Wildlife Refuge
- Snorkel in the waters around Tortuga Island
- Learn about biodiversity and history from your private guide
- Enjoy lunch with locals in their home
What You Can Expect
Your tour begins when your guide picks you up from your hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle. You?ll make stops along the way for photos of notable highlights such as scarlet macaw sightings, the Guanacaste tree, and the Old Catholic Church of Tambor.
Once you reach the Curu Wildlife Refuge, a 1,497-hectare (3,700-acre) nature reserve on the Nicoya Peninsula, your guide leads a 2-hour walk to strategic locations where you?ll observe animals in their tropical rainforest habitat. Sightings often include spider monkeys, white-faced capuchins, howler monkeys, white-nosed coatis, agoutis, white-tailed deer, collared peccaries, crocodiles, and a multitude of bird species.
After your hike, relax over a home-cooked lunch of traditional Costa Rican fare at the home of a local family, enjoying their warm hospitality.
Next, travel by boat to Tortuga Island to snorkel in the clear turquoise water and sample some tropical fruit and refreshments at the beach. Once you return by boat to the mainland, stop at a small farm where a walking tour offers insight into local agriculture and bucolic views of cows roaming the countryside. The walk concludes as you reach the little-visited Florida waterfall, which beckons with its refreshing waters.
Your tour ends when you are dropped off at your hotel at approximately 6 pm.
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Boat tour to Tortuga Island
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
- Your hotel in Santa Teresa
- If staying in Puntarenas, Jaco, or San Jose area the meeting point will be near Paquera (exact location to be confirmed at time of booking)
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.