Spend a full day exploring Costa Rica’s unspoiled rainforest just the way you want to on this private adventure tour from El Castillo, near La Fortuna. Ride a horse along scenic jungle trails to reach a well-appointed base camp with amenities like a sundeck, full kitchen, and showers. There, plan a personalized day with a dedicated adventure guide to explore the surrounding forest, rivers, and waterfalls for a true off-the-beaten-path experience.
What You Can Expect
Spend a whole day in the pristine Costa Rican wilderness exploring the rainforest, rivers, and waterfalls with an adventure guide on a private tour. Reach the base camp via a 1-hour horseback ride, and make use of amenities like a shared kitchen, toilets, and a shower deck. Plan to bring your own food, as none?is provided.
8:00 am: Check in to La Gavilana Herbs and Art office in El Castillo for a safety briefing and signing of a waiver; drive to meet your horse and guide and ride for 1 hour to reach base camp.
9:30 am: Check in at the base camp; meet your adventure guide and plan your personalized hiking experience.
10:30 am: Begin?your adventure exploring miles of wilderness trails, rivers, and waterfalls in the surrounding rainforest.?Return to the base camp to make use of the kitchen, shelter, deck, and other amenities as you please.
4:00 pm: Ride your horse back to El Castillo.
5:00 pm: End of tour.
- Round-trip horseback riding to and from the Base Camp (1 hour each)
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Minimum age of participant 10 years old required due to walking distance,
- Passport name, number, expiry, and the country is required at time of booking for all participants
- The waiver must be signed prior to taking the tour
- Bring your Weather gear, hiking gear, and food for the day
- Adventure tour in the wilderness
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Tour operator’s office in El Castillo, 25 km from La Fortuna
9 hours (approx.)