Abundant whitewater and the promise of adventure draw travelers from around the world to Costa Rica?s raging rivers. Experience the thrill of white-water rafting through the tropics for yourself on this tour of the Tenorio River from the Guanacaste coast. After pickup from your coastal hotel, ride a 4×4 deep into the Guanacaste countryside and paddle down 12 miles (20 kilometers) of whitewater with your guide before completing your tour with a local lunch while you wind down.
- Tenorio River white-water rafting tour from Guanacaste
- Navigate 12 miles of Class III to IV rapids along with a guide
- Admire lush tropical scenery along the way
- Traditional lunch included
- Private tour operated with just your guide and private party
- Make it back to the beach in time to catch the sunset
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Guanacaste coast included
What You Can Expect
The Tenorio River is a beautiful river that winds its way through the Guanacaste mountain range along a deep, red-rock canyon surrounded by magnificent landscapes of the low, tropical and dry forest.
This tour starts with a pick up in your hotel and drives about 2 hours until arrive at the isolated, rustic Guanacaste backroads. You’ll then take a thrilling 4×4 ride to the river put-in at the bridge over the R?o Tenorio.
You?ll receive a thorough safety briefing and get fitted for your equipment including helmets, lifejackets, and paddles. Practice with your guide and then enjoy a beautiful 2.5-hours rafting trip along the arid and impressive canyon of the Tenorio River in Costa Rica?s picturesque Guanacaste province.
Have fun in the exciting rapids along 20 kilometers of river, a fresh fruit snack and plenty of wildlife along the way like iguanas, tropical birds, and monkeys.
This unique rafting tour finishes with a super-exciting, 12 feet waterfall drop called Cascabel Falls.
When you arrive at the end of your exciting rafting journey at our private river exit, do a quick hike to the 4×4 vehicle to drive out of this isolated, unspoiled region of Costa Rica.
You?ll then be treated to a delicious lunch, use our changing rooms and then head on your way to your hotel in time for a glorious, Pacific sunset.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- People from Dreams Las Mareas have to pay?per booking $100 extra on the day of the pick up for transportation.
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- It is recommended that you bring a complete change of clothes and towel, sunglasses with secure head straps and a baseball cap or hat that fits tight, sunblock, camera, water or tennis shoes
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable wearing clothes to get wet, rubber sole shoes.
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pick up from the following places:
Papagayo Gulf (Four seasons, Andaz, Secret, Mangrove hotel, etc)
Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica
Bahia Pez Vela
Dreams Las Mareas
Hotels nearby to Tamarindo and Flamingo area
Pick up from the following places:
JW Marriot Hacienda Pinilla
Barcelo Playa Langosta
Westin Reserva Conchal
All tamarindo beach area
Returns to the original departure point