If you’re planning a cruise ship stop at Limon, explore Costa Rica?s famous rainforest by air and water on this combo eco-adventure. Spot native wildlife like howler monkeys, sloths, and crocodiles on a cruise down the bio-rich Tortuguero Canal, and then get your adrenaline pumping with a thrilling zip line flight through the treetops. Round-trip transport from the cruise terminal and between activities makes for a seamless and stress-free day at port.
- Combo shore excursion from the Port of Limon
- Explore Costa Rica’s famous biodiversity on a cruise down the Tortuguero Canal
- Learn about the rainforest ecosystem and spot wildlife such as howler monkeys, crocodiles, and toucans
- Soar through the treetops on 11 different ziplines
- Get an adrenaline boost from cables reaching lengths of 263 feet (80 meters)
- Freeport pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Meet your waiting driver in the morning when your cruise ship docks at the Limon port, and travel by minivan to a launch point on the Tortuguero Canal. Nicknamed ?the Amazon of Costa Rica,? this waterway winds through a protected biological reserve that?s home to a wildly diverse array of plant and animal life. Climb aboard a covered riverboat, and cruise through the canal at a leisurely pace while a guide shares commentary on the rainforest ecosystem and helps you spot native creatures such as crocodiles, howler monkeys, sloths, iguanas, bats, and toucans.
At the end of the canal cruise, take a short drive to the Jungle Breeze adventure park to begin your high-flying zip line tour. After a safety briefing from highly trained guides, gear up with provided equipment and climb to the first of 12 treetop platforms. From here, clip on to a series of 11 cables and let go to soar across the rainforest canopy at exhilarating speeds, taking in stellar views of the Caribbean along the way.
After the fifth platform, the cables become increasingly longer, reaching a maximum length of 885 feet (270 meters) and heights of up to 263 feet (80 meters). If that’s a bit beyond your comfort zone, there is an opportunity to finish the tour early and return to base camp at platforms 5 and 7. When you return to solid ground, transfer back to your waiting cruise ship in the afternoon.
- River cruise
- Zipline tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- All transfers
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At the time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
You will be met at the cruise pier
8 am or?9 am depending on your ship’s arrival time.
You will receive a note indicating the correct pick up time for the tour. Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
6 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point