Appease your appetite for adventure during an exhilarating 3-hour rafting session on the Sarapiqui River from Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui. With an experienced guide, conquer the Class II and III rapids on the river?s most intense section and feel your adrenaline levels surge. During calmer periods, marvel at the abundance of exotic wildlife on the banks of the Sarapiqui River and listen to fascinating commentary from your guide. All rafting equipment and round-trip transportation from Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui is included on this tour.
- 3-hour white water rafting experience on the Sarapiqui River from Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui
- Paddle through intensive Class II and III rapids with an experienced guide
- Observe the abundance of exotic wildlife during calmer sections of the river
- Receive all rafting equipment and enjoy the convenience of round-trip transportation from Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui
What You Can Expect
The tour begins at our departure point (Sarapiqui Outdoor Center) in the village of La Virgen de Sarapiqui. There are dressing rooms, bathrooms, and lockers and a safe to securely store your luggage.
Before heading down to the river, the guides will give you the proper safety equipment and a short safety talk. Then they will show you to the starting point by the river, where they will teach you how to paddle, the safety commands, and other important information. After that, you will embark on your journey down the river, down the exciting rapids and through the tranquil sections, as well. Your guide will point out various flora and fauna along the way. Don’t forget to smile for the paparazzi along the way! Our photographer will be waiting for you in several rapids to take your photos (available for purchase after the tour).
The tour ends in a small town called El Roble where there are facilities for your convenience. Then you will take our comfortable van back to our base for a “Fiesta” with tropical fruits, a sugar cane explanation, and a video presentation of your tour.
After the tour, you are welcome to explore our center further. We have a self-guided botanical tour through our gardens.
- Kayak and safety equipment rental
- Certified instructor/tour guide
- Transportation to and from our base sites to the paddling location
- Tropical fruit and tropical coconut cocktail
- Sugarcane tour
- Self-guided botanical tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Photos (available for purchase after the tour)
- Meals (available for an additional $7 for breakfast, $10 for lunch, $15 for dinner per person)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- You will be required to sign a waiver upon tour check-in
- Recommend you bring: Sunscreen, string or strap to secure your glasses, clothes to change into after the tour
- Recommend you wear: Swimsuit, Shorts or long pants (for sun protection only – no jeans), tennis shoes or sandals with ankle straps (no flip-flops), light rain jacket and/or polypropylene, wool shirts for cool or rainy days. Cotton T-shirts for sunny days only (they make you colder when wet)
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Sarapiqui Outdoor Center
8:30 am ?- 11:30am and ?2:30pm
3 hours (approx.)
Concludes at El Roble