Navigate the rapids of the Reventaz?n River on this full-day whitewater rafting trip from Limon. Get a mix of churning class-II and -III waves plus calmer sections on the scenic 10-mile (16-km) run known as El Carmen. Take a break from paddling to enjoy a picnic lunch on a beautiful beach, and look for Costa Rican wildlife?in the lush Caribbean jungle that flanks the river.
- Full-day whitewater rafting trip from Limon/Puerto Viejo
- Paddle through class II and III rapids on the El Carmen section of the Reventaz?n River
- Break for a picnic lunch on a river beach
- Spot exotic birds and other wildlife in the surrounding jungle
- Change and shower in provided facilities before the return drive
- The moderately difficult course is best suited for those with some rafting experience
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
This?16 km (10 miles) run is clearly divided into two sections.? The first hour is very exciting, with big waves and long rapids followed by a?stop for a picnic lunch at the most scenic beach on the river.
The second half is more relaxed as the river enters the true lower Caribbean at which time your surroundings take on a jungle character and the wildlife is more plentiful. At the end of the descent, you will be able to shower and change clothes as well as relax with a cold beverage before being taken back to your hotel.
- Transport from the southern Caribbean
- Bilingual guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not suitable for pregnant women or individuals who have had recent surgery
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase
- Please note that the hotel pickup might be 2 hours prior to the tour departure, depending on the location of your hotel
- You must be in the hotel lobby 30 minutes before your pickup time
- What to bring: rafting clothes (light shoes, a swimsuit, shorts, and a nylon shirt), sunscreen, water bottle, change of clothes, a towel, insect repellent, and some cash
- All luggage will be kept in lockers
- A minimum of 2 passengers per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels in Puerto Viejo de Limon and Cahuita
6:20am Puerto Viejo de Limon
7:15am Downtown Limon
8 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point