Get a different perspective on the impressive scenery around Arenal Volcano with a full-day bike tour from La Fortuna that’s great for beginning and intermediate riders. Bike across Arenal Dam and on a paved road that borders Arenal Lake for stellar views, and looks for native wildlife such as monkeys, toucans, and kingfishers that make their home in Arenal’s rainforests. Reward your efforts with an included lunch of typical Costa Rican fare at a local restaurant at the end of the journey.
- Full-day bike tour around Lake Arenal from La Fortuna
- Pedal across Arenal Dam and along the shores of Lake Arenal
- Follow paved roadways with little traffic for a relaxed ride
- Get different views of Lake Arenal and Arenal Volcano
- Look for native wildlife like howler monkeys, toucans, and kingfishers
- Stop for a picnic snack and enjoy lunch at a restaurant after the ride
- Route of 17-26 miles (28-42 km) is great for beginning or intermediate riders
What You Can Expect
You?ll bike across Arenal Dam and bike on the paved road along the north side of Arenal Lake. This road has very little traffic and offers the most relaxing ride through the tropical forest, home of monkeys and birds. You will?enjoy great views of the lake as well as a chance to experience rural life in this remote part of Costa Rica.
You will have?a picnic stop and lunch will be served at a restaurant at the end. Optional boat trip across Lake Arenal at the end of the tour. You?ll return to your?hotel surrounding the lake by the car while?enjoying views of Arenal Volcano.
Distance: 28 to 42 kms / 17 to 26 miles
Altitude Gain: 970 mts / 3180 ft.
Terrain: Rolling hills, paved road with very little traffic, surrounded by tropical rainforest.
Difficulty; easy to moderate.
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
La Fortuna Hotels in Zone 1
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
7 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point