Tap into Costa Rica?s emerging craft beer movement with this 3-hour beer tour in San Jose. Accompanied by a local guide, you?ll explore the Barrio Escalante, the heart of San Jose?s pub culture and home to many brewpubs. Taste 10 different varieties of beer, accompanied by traditional tapas ? the Costa Rican version of bar snacks. You?ll also have a chance to pick up a few souvenirs at the Artesanos Market. A small group size helps to create a more personalized tour experience.
- San Jose pub crawl
- Sample 10 of San Jose?s best local craft beers in the microbreweries where they?re made
- Indulge in perfectly paired Costa Rican tapas
- Experience local pub culture and discover which spots are most beloved by the locals
What You Can Expect
While it might not have the brewing fame of Germany or Belgium, Costa Rica is home to a lively, emerging craft beer scene. Your knowledgeable local guide will introduce you to the best breweries and pubs in San Jose. Meet up at the National Theater, and then head to the Artesanos Market for a quick shopping stop where you can score unique souvenirs if you like. Head to Barrio Escalante in the east part of the city, where the majority of San Jose?s brewpubs are clustered. Learn about the history of craft beer in Costa Rica at your first stop, a local microbrewery where you?ll taste a sampling of three different beers brewed on-site.
Next, dive deeper into San Jose?s pub culture with visits to several of the neighborhood?s most-loved bars and microbreweries. Sip on house specialties and local craft beers at each watering hole, accompanied by traditional tapas to ignite your thirst. Your tour wraps up at Stiefel Pub, a lively bar popular with locals. If you want to keep the evening going, your guide will recommend other nearby spots where you can savor the best beer San Jose has to offer.
- Local English-speaking guide
- 10 small beer samples
- Costa Rican tapas pairings
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- If you?d like to purchase things like souvenirs or a bottle of water, please bring some cash with you. Children are welcome in bars, so it?s not an issue to bring them along (age six and over)
- For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
3 hours (approx.)