Go scuba diving in?Costa Rica in the waters of the Gulf of Papagayo when you visit Playa Hermosa. Choose from several tour options with dive sites that are suited?for beginners, certified divers, and advanced divers. For people with more experience, tours to?Catalina and Bat Islands are offered.
- Scuba diving tour from Playa Hermosa
- Choose from several tour options suited to a range of experience
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Includes snacks and beverages
What You Can Expect
Your tour starts with pickup from your hotel in Playa del Coco, Playa Hermosa, or Playa Ocotal.
Head to the beach loading area where your divemaster guides?prepare your scuba gear and?provide a?dive briefing?that details the dive site?s geography, marine life, and the maximum depth?for each dive.?During the 1-hour break in between dives, snacks and beverages are provided.
After your last dive, your guide rinses the gear (both personal and rental) and returns you to your hotel via car or boat.
Night and long-range dives to the Catalina and Bat Islands are offered for certified and advanced divers.?Choose from?tour options such as:
2-tank morning local?dive,2-tank afternoon local?dive
2-tank morning long-range dive to Catalina?Islands?(4 person minimum
2-tank morning long-range dive to Bat Islands (6 person minimum;?advanced divers only)
1-tank night?dive (4 person minimum)
Please note that a third?tank can be added to any dive option (2 person minimum).
- Tanks, weights and weight belt
- Snacks on the boat
- Transportation by car from Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco and Playa Ocotal (or boat pickup from the beach if more than 6 persons, beach conditions permitting)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels located outside Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco and Playa Ocotal
- Dive Rental Equipment: BCD (buoyancy compensator device), regulator, wetsuit, mask, fins, snorkel, dive computer
- Park entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified diver.
- If a certified diver has not been diving within past 12 months, dive operator reserves right to refuse to take certified diver unless Refresher Course is taken (at an additional charge).
- All passengers must sign waiver/release of liability prior to boarding boat
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (ie asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended.
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Multi-lingual guide: Spanish and English
- A minimum number of people needs per booking for the following tours: 4 people per booking are required for CATALINA ISLAND DIVE TRIP (Long-Range) 4 people per booking is required for NIGHT DIVES 6 people per booking is required for BAT ISLAND DIVE TRIP (Long-Range — ADVANCED DIVERS ONLY)
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels in Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, and Playa Ocotal
4 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point