Explore the remarkable ecosystem of Monteverde’s cloud forest with this combo eco-tour at Selvatura Park. Walk across the treetops on a series of hanging bridges, and marvel at a variety of jewel-toned winged wonders on a tour of butterfly and hummingbird gardens. A typical Costa Rican lunch at the adventure park?s on-site restaurant rounds out this day immersed in one of the world’s most diverse habitats.
- Combo eco-tour at Selvatura Park in Monteverde
- Explore the remarkable plant and animal life of Monteverde’s cloud forest
- Hike through the treetops on a hanging bridges canopy tour
- Admire technicolored insects on a tour of one of the world’s largest butterfly gardens
- Watch more the 100 hummingbirds zip around in a beautiful garden
- Includes lunch at the park restaurant
- A great family activity suitable for all ages
What You Can Expect
Take your pick of four daily tour times, and make your way to Selvatura Park ? a popular nature and adventure base in Monteverde. Begin with a walk through the treetops on the hanging bridges canopy tour, consisting of a series of eight suspended bridges that criss-cross different levels of the cloud forest. Soak up amazing aerial views from heights of up to 180 feet (55 meters), and take your time on this peaceful treetop hike that’s suitable for all ages. Selvatura?s bridges offer a roomy width of 5 feet (1.5 meters) and can hold up to 80 people, making them among the longest, strongest, and widest in Costa Rica.
Back on the forest floor, learn about the lifecycle and behavior of some of the cloud forest?s most beautiful and delicate inhabitants with a guided nature walk through the butterfly garden. Featuring more than 20 species within 29,000 square feet (8,840 square meters), this is among the largest live butterfly exhibits in the world.
Next, see the furiously fast beating of more tiny wings on a tour of the hummingbird garden, home to more than 100 birds representing 14 different species. Watch the amazing aerial maneuvers of these little daredevils as they flit through a beautifully landscaped garden.
Midday during your eco-adventure, take a break to enjoy an included lunch of typical Costa Rican fare at Selvatura Park?s on-site restaurant.
- Local taxes
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Selvatura Office, Monteverde, Located Next to the San Gerardo Cloud Forest Reserve
8:30am, 11am, 1pm, 2:30pm
Returns to the original departure point