Embark on a thrilling mountain bike adventure among the spectacular scenery of Costa Rica?s Arenal Volcano! Cruise along rugged single-track trails that wind through the tropical rainforest and open countryside surrounding the base of the active Arenal crater. During the challenging 12-mile (19-km) ride, splash through streams and mud puddles, and keep an eye out for native wildlife such as monkeys, sloths, and exotic birds.
- 4-hour mountain-bike tour near the base of Arenal Volcano
- Take a stimulating 12-mile (19-km) ride through tropical forests and farmlands on a narrow single-track trail
- Admire marvelous views of Arenal Volcano and spot wildlife along the way, including quetzal, toucans or monkeys
- Enjoy a safety briefing and use of top-notch suspension bike equipment
- Choose between a morning or afternoon departure
- Air-conditioned round-trip hotel transport from most La Fortuna hotels included
What You Can Expect
Get your adrenaline pumping while mountain biking along the base of an active volcano! Choose from a morning or afternoon departure, and then relax along the scenic drive to Arenal Volcano National Forest after pickup at your La Fortuna hotel.
When you arrive near the base of the 5,479-foot (1,670-meter) Arenal Volcano, mount a high-quality suspension mountain bike and set off on your two-wheeled tour of this magnificent landscape. Follow your guide along a narrow single-track trail that winds through the lush rainforest and open pastures where you can catch stunning views of the nearby volcano.
Expect to cover 12 miles (19 km) of challenging terrain that ranges from smoother, flat sections to rugged jungle trails traversed by tree roots and mud puddles. Along the wild ride, admire the incredible ecosystem of Arenal and look for rainforest residents like monkeys, coati, deer, and toucans.
After about 2 hours of cycling, refuel with a tropical snack and cold drinks. Climb back on your bike and continue peddling for another several mile. At the end of the 4-hour mountain bike adventure, you?ll be returned to your La Fortuna hotel in the minivan.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of equipment (bikes, helmets)
- Local guide
- Beverages and a snack
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Must have long-distance biking experience
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Departs from most La Fortuna hotels
4 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point at approximately