A horseback ride along a remote Costa Rican beach is poised to become a highlight of any tropical vacation. Trot through the Manuel Antonio nature reserve en route to Esterillos Beach, stopping to enjoy an oceanfront lunch (morning tour) or a picture-perfect sunset with drinks (afternoon tour). This small-group tour is limited to eight people or fewer for a more intimate adventure.
- Horseback riding tour from Manuel Antonio or Jaco area
- Ride along the secluded Esterillos Beach with a guide
- Suitable for all levels of experience
- Morning tour with lunch or afternoon tours with drinks available
- Small-group tour limited to eight people or fewer
- Upgrade for hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Rancho Monterey is within a driving distance from any town like Hermosa, Quepos, Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Jaco, Herradura, Punta Leona, and Puntarenas.
Once you choose the morning or afternoon tour, easy to follow driving directions will be sent, all on the main road. After arrival at Monterey Ranch (40 minutes from Manuel Antonio National Park or 20 minutes from the town of Jaco) meet Diego, your English-speaking authentic Costa Rican outfitter. Diego, who has devoted his life to horses, assesses your experience and needs before pairing you with the perfect horse. After receiving brief instructions from Diego, embark on your 2-hour riding adventure using western tack.
Depending on rider skill level and desires, the horses will walk, trot or gallop along the black and white sand of Esterillo Beach. The tour can be customized and be combined with a forest trail to create a 2-hour ride that leaves from Monterey Ranch and travels through a 5,000-acre nature preserve before arriving on Esterillo Beach. Tours are open to riders of all levels of experience and are organized into small groups in order to provide personal attention. Not recommended for kids under 12 years old. Limit weight 250 pounds.
Experience not necessary. Advice please if you are an experienced rider to customize the tour. Lunch is typical Costa Rican meal including chicken or fish filet and vegetables.
- Pickup and drop-off if choosing the? option 3
- All necessary equipment including a helmet
- Photo and video available, for recording, bring your own camera
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Lunch at a beachfront restaurant when taking AM tour
- Riding instructions
- Horseman guide
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 8 and under
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- All passenger weight and age must be advised at time of booking
- Maximum weight is 230 pounds (105 kilos)
- A hat, lightweight pants, secure footwear, sunscreen, and insect repellent recommended
- Recommended long pants, tennis shoes
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Rancho Monterey Jaco
Or any hotel in the Manuel Antonio/Jaco area (if option 3 selected)
2 to 3 hrs
Returns to the original departure point