Kayaking to Chora Island is safe, fun, and easy when you go as part of a guided tour. Your guide not only finds the best path across the channel to reach the deserted island but also answers questions and helps you spot wildlife like turtles along the way. This tour doubles as a snorkeling trip for even more chances to see aquatic Costa Rican wildlife.
- Kayaking to Chora Island is a fun and safe way to visit the deserted island
- Snorkeling equipment included?no need to rent
- The guide helps you spot wildlife like turtles you might miss on your own
- Small-group tour limited to just 12 people for a friendlier experience
What You Can Expect
Start your journey with pickup from your hotel or accommodation with your professional and friendly guide.
During your drive (10 to 15 minutes), witness the outside of town through the neighborhood by enjoying panoramic views. Get to know the Costa Rica lifestyle as your guide answers your most desired questions. Once you arrive at Chora Island, receive a life-jacket and then sign a waiver before starting your journey. Your guide is extremely professional and well trained for water activities, so you will receive detailed instructions on how to ride a kayak if you have not used one before.
Use a 2-person kayak or 1-person kayak. You can ride with someone in your family or you can also ask for a single kayak to enjoy the ride on your own. Paddle with your guide, if you want to feel more secure. Immerse yourself into the blue waters that surround the island with beautiful white sand. See the turtles in there natural habitat as they swim around the island. If you don’t see the turtles, try spotting one as you snorkel.
After you’re done with kayaking, take a breath and relax with a bottle of water. Spend 10 to 15 minutes walking on the beach to explore the island. Capture images of the wild hermit crabs, iguanas, raccoons or birds that inhabit Chora Island. Next, snorkel for 1-hour or more as you look at a variety of fish that come in various colors. See fish, seals, octopus and much more. Eat fresh fruits after snorkeling to remove the salty taste in your mouth. Once you’re done eating your fresh fruits, say goodbye to Chora Island, and depart on your kayaks back to the beach.
Receive safety tips and handling instructions before your adventure ends with a drive back to your hotel or accommodation.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport in an air-conditioned minivan
- Small-group tour
- Professional guide
- Snorkel gear/equipment
- Fresh fruits
- Bottled water and light refreshment
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour only with low tide and the condition of the water
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A small amount of walking is involved
- All passengers height and weight must be advised at time of booking
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotel or accommodations in S?mara and Carrillo Beach
7:30 am to 2:30 pm
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
2 hours 30 minutes (approx.)
Returns original departure point