Swim, hike, and snorkel in Cahuita National Park with this day trip from Puerto Viejo de Talamanca. From tropical fish to sloths, monkeys, and butterflies expect to see wildlife in both parts of the trip?a naturalist guide helps you spot animals you might miss on your own. Fresh fruit is included to keep you refreshed before getting dropped off at your hotel.
- Cahuita National Park tour with hike and snorkel
- Combine two favorite Cahuita National Park activities into one day
- Chances to see animals like monkeys, sloths, and butterflies in the wild
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included for easy transit
What You Can Expect
After picking you up from your hotel, we will head to the village of Cahuita. There you will meet your captain and guide who will take you by boat to the coral reef of the Cahuita National park, which is the largest coral reef of Costa Rica.
The boat will take you to two or three different points to go snorkeling, and enjoy the abundance of the rich coral reef and tropical fishes that surround you. If you are lucky, you might even spot some small sharks, manta rays and turtles, as this coral reef is home to these and many more types of fish, crustaceans, shellfish, and algae.
After the snorkeling adventure, the boat will drop us off in the National Park, where we will enjoy some tropical fruits and refreshments before continuing our journey on the paths of the park. A specialized naturalist guide will take you on a walk between the beach and the tropical rainforest, where you will observe many species of monkeys, sloths, frogs, butterflies and more.
After the hike, we will return to the entrance of the park where a minivan awaits you to take you back to your respective hotels.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Insect repellent
- Gratuities (optional)
- National Park donation (suggested amount 1.000 CR Colones)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour, date or full refund
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your hotel? (No pick-ups at private/rental properties, please provide a hotel/point of interest close by)
8:30 am Monday through Sunday
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
6 hours (approx.)