Going deep into the insides of the earth is possible with this tour. Underground trails will lead us through grottoes and chambers exploring a world indifferent to light.
What You Can Expect
With flashlights to light our way and all the gear for the adventure, we will enter into this labyrinth of ancient underground rivers and seabeds, exposed now after thousands of millions of years. We will visit rock formations with names like, ?the birthing canal?, ?the papaya?, ?the coral?, ?the altar?. Rock formations of stalactites and stalagmites are very common inside the caves, some hanging from the rocks overhead, and others surging up from the ground. A great colony of bats inhabits the caves, as well as spiders and crabs.
After the tour, we will enjoy a buffet of fresh fruit. Reserve this unique experience in Costa Rica and get ready to get wet, dirty and see this different world that will astound you with a variety of emotions.
- Spelunking and exploration of the caverns.
- Underground trails of ancient rivers and seabeds, exposed now ofter thousands of millions of years.
- Visit exotics rock formations as the “birthing canal”, “the papaya”, “the coral”, “the altar” and prehistoric marine fossils.
- An impressive colony of bats
- Fresh Tropical Fruits
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Exploration equipment (lanterns, flashlights, mask, helmet, rubber boots)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi
- Go Pro photo and video package
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Departs from your La Fortuna hotel. Pickups from hotels that are located too far from La Fortuna or the main road near the volcano may have the extra charge.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
4 hours (approx.)