Treat yourself to a full day of adventure and relaxation on this combo eco-tour from Playa del Coco. Bump and slide your way down the Rio Azul on a thrilling water tubing ride, enjoy a delicious lunch, and then unwind among the lush tropical scenery of a resort near the Rincon de la Vieja volcano. Soak in natural hot springs, detox with a mineral mud bath, and explore tropical gardens alive with hummingbirds and butterflies.
- Full-day combo adventure from Playa del Coco
- Go water tubing through the rainforest along the Rio Azul
- Take your pick of different activities at the Blue River Resort & Hot Springs
- Swim and soak in natural volcanic hot springs and a freshwater pool with slide
- Explore lush botanical, hummingbird, and butterfly gardens
- Includes lunch at the resort restaurant
- Great way to combine Costa Rican-style adventure and relaxation
What You Can Expect
After morning pickup at your Coco or Panama Beach hotel, depart the dry coastal savannah for the lush rainforest on the north side of the Rincon de la Vieja volcano. Nestled among this tropical landscape is the Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, where you?ll be greeted with a welcome cocktail at the spa. Change into your suit the locker rooms, and then take another short drive and walk to a nearby farm and the suitably named Rio Azul (Blue River).
Climb into an inner tube and launch onto the river, floating through canyons and densely forested stretches echoing with the sounds of howler monkeys, birds, and insects. Soak up the tranquil atmosphere along calmer stretches, and hang on tight as you bump and spin down whitewater chutes. At the end of your tubing adventure, return to the resort for a sumptuous lunch.
In the afternoon, enjoy several hours of relaxation among the resort?s many offerings. Stroll through the beautiful botanical gardens featuring more than 700 plant species, see winged wonders at the butterfly and hummingbird gardens, spot reptiles at the caiman and turtle lagoons, or visit the resort?s resident miniature horses and donkeys.
Slip into Costa Rica’s Pura Vida lifestyle with a soak in natural hot springs, a swim in a freshwater pool with a bullet waterslide, or a mineral mud bath alongside a river. For an extra dose of pampering, you can purchase a treatment from the resort?s full-service spa. Around 4 pm, collect your belongings and relax on the return drive to your hotel.
- All taxes & entrance fees
- Fixed lunch
- All activities
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Locker changing room
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase at Tiki Bar & Restaurant)
- Food and beverages, beyond what is included
- Spa Treatments
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Sun block, bug repellent and other necessities (some available for purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Bring: Comfortable clothing, insect repellent & comfortable walking?shoes, bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket & extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- Must be in good health, physical condition and a competent swimmer
- A refundable cash deposit toward locker and towel use may be required.
- A vegetarian lunch option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative if known in advance and an alternative if occurs on the route.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your hotel or apartment. Time and place be confirmed in advance.
Between 7am and ?8:30am
Time and location will be communicated in advance.
8 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point