Humpback whales swim thousands of miles every year to spawn in Drake Bay?s tropical waters, while several species of dolphins reside here year-round. This family-friendly boat tour allows you to see these marine mammals up close and provides an onboard hydrophone, so you can hear their song-like noises. During the tour, your guide provides helpful information on topics such as ocean conservation and marine biology.
- Get a chance to see dolphins and whales in their natural habitat
- Snorkeling gear is provided so you can see marine life up close
- Onboard hydrophone lets you hear dolphin and whale sounds
- Refuel with lunch (vegetarian options available)
What You Can Expect
Costa Rica enjoys the longest season of Humpback Whales in the world as we get migrations from both North and South America who swim thousands of miles to have their babies and breed here. Pods of hundreds and even thousands of several species of dolphins enjoy the warm, productive, tropical waters here. It is truly one of the best places to experience dolphins and whales as we have so many different species throughout the year.
Many guests who interact with dolphins and whales experience changes in their spiritual awareness and an opening of the heart as well as a deep sense of peace and well-being. You may also experience feelings of bliss, intense joy, emotional release, and deep relaxation. This is the Love and Magic that the Dolphins and Whales bring when you come to them with a pure and open heart. Because of the love for the marine life here and the unfortunate threat of commercial fishing to this incredibly bio-diverse marine area, this tour is dedicated to research, conservation and education through our MPA for OSA campaign and in partnership with other international and national organizations. This tour is a public campaign so that YOU can be a part of helping the organization to protect these waters.
- Professional, experienced guides and marine biologists dedicated to conservation and preservation
- Experience Wild and Free Dolphins and Whales in their natural habitat
- On-board hydrophone to hear the sounds of the dolphins and whales
- Snorkeling gear is provided
- Local Taxes
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking; Use “Special Requirements” field upon checkout to advise information
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
At the main beach where all the boats come in and out.
6 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point