Take on the Tenorio River on a full-day whitewater rafting adventure from Tamarindo, and splash, paddle and maneuver your way through eight miles of Class III and IV rapids. Learn the basics of river safety and gear, then launch into waves and drops that twist and turn along the river?s course. In between the churning rapids, enjoy the sights and sounds of a lush tropical forest that?s home to bright birds and butterflies, chattering monkeys and shy reptiles, and enjoy a riverside lunch before returning to Tamarindo.
- All-inclusive tour
- All necessary equipment included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
What You Can Expect
Your tour starts early in the morning with a pickup in the Tamarindo area. If you choose the self-drive option, you would have to head to the starting point on your own. You will drive to the Tenorio River on a drive that takes about 2 hours.
Once there, you will drive inland for 40 minutes until you reach the river starting point. Your knowledgeable guide will give you a safety briefing and then you’ll be on your way in one of the multiperson rafts. The Tenorio River will test your courage and challenge your skills for the next two and a half hours in its incredible rapids.
As you ride through Class III and IV rapids, you will see where the dry and rainforest blend their beauties creating a magical place surrounded by lush vegetation, the house of an enormous variety of animals. Spot some of the migratory birds, butterflies, monkeys, and reptiles. For those who have done rafting already, this trip is a must and they choose to go through one of a kind class V-12 foot drop (does not run all year) to experience a purely magical trip with unsurpassed beauty and stunning wildlife scenery. This adventure will truly take your breath away.
After your whitewater rafting tour, you will be returned to the start point and enjoy lunch to then return to the Tamarindo area.
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Light snacks on the river
- Local guides
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if guided option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase at lunch)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A change of clothes; shoes that can get wet and won’t fall off your feet (Teva style or water shoes); bathing suit; a towel; insect repellent; sunscreen; a waterproof camera if you have one; and a plastic bag for your wet things.
- It is recommended that you bring/wear: a change of clothes, shoes that can get wet and won’t fall off your feet (Teva style or water shoes); bathing suit; a towel, insect repellent, sunscreen, a waterproof camera if you have one and a plastic bag for your wet clothes
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Guided Tours: Hotels or vacation rentals in Tamarindo
Self-Drive Tours: No pickup or drop-off provided
6:45 am (depending on your pickup location)
9 hours (approx.)