Splash your way through white-water, Class I and Class II rapids, and standing waves on a 6-hour Costa Rica river tubing experience that?s fun and family-friendly. This white-water tubing trip includes pickup and drop-off in La Fortuna, snacks and drinks, and all the equipment you need for a day on the river. After you dry off, visit a traditional country estate for a Costa Rican lunch before returning to La Fortuna.
- 6-hour tubing trip on the Balsa River
- Ride through Class I and Class II rapids
- Watch for wildlife in their natural environment
- Visit a country estate for an included lunch
- Pickup and drop-off in La Fortuna hotels
- An ideal choice for families
What You Can Expect
Start with pickup at your La Fortuna hotel at 10:30 am, then travel to the Balsa River in a comfortable bus. All equipment is provided, and you can bring a change of dry clothes to leave in the bus while you?re on the river.
When you arrive at the launch point, go over the basics of tubing, river safety, and commands with the river guides and ?safety kayakers? who will accompany you. After the briefing, hit the river, riding through a series of easy-going rapids, rolling over ?wave trains,? and splashing through holes. Watch for the monkeys, sloths, and toucans that thrive at the edge of the river, and pause partway down for a swim, cool drinks, and fresh fruits.
At the end of your time on the river, dry off for the trip to an area estate, where you can finish?the day with a leisurely, country-style lunch. This 6-hour river tubing trip concludes with drop-off at your La Fortuna hotel between 4 pm and 4:30 pm.
- Driver and certified guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Equipment: Tube, vest and helmet
- Alcoholic drinks
- Soft Drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum age to take this tour is 10, and children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- There is a significant amount of paddling and maneuvering involved in this trip. Its recommended for confident swimmers with previous whitewater experience.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet. No flipflops allowed
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on the river or on the bus, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose and remember to take all your items with you when the tour is concluded
- There is a 2 person minimum to book
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pick up at hotels in immediate La Fortuna area.? Additional charge for hotels outside of immediate?La Fortuna area.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
6 hours (approx.)
Drop-off at hotels in immediate La Fortuna area. Additional charge for hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area