Test your paddling skills on the roaring Class III rapids of Costa Rica?s Chirrip? River with this whitewater rafting adventure. Led by an expert guide, you?ll navigate the exciting twists and turns of the river while surrounded by a beautiful tropical forest. Select a morning or noon departure to suit your schedule. Round-trip hotel transport and lunch at a local restaurant are included.
- Chirrip? River whitewater rafting trip from San Jose
- Learn to raft with an expert guide, no experience necessary
- Expect to get wet as you paddle through more than 20 Class III rapids!
- Soak up the gorgeous, lush forest scenery along sections of multi-hued water
- Snack on a colorful fruit platter midway through the rafting trip and enjoy a delicious traditional lunch before or after rafting
- Round-trip hotel transport from San Jose, just an hour’s drive away!
What You Can Expect
Get your adrenaline pumping as you paddle through whitewater rapids in the midst of a stunning tropical landscape. You?ll be picked up at your San Jose hotel for the 1-hour drive to the river launch site.
Before setting out on the river, you?ll receive a brief orientation and safety training from your experienced guide. Gear up with a paddle, life vest, and helmet before hopping into the raft. Once adrift on the Chirrip?, you?ll be able to admire the lush scenery, with a dense emerald forest rising up from the riverbanks. You may notice the river?s copper hue, which is the result of soil deposits from nearby volcanic fields.? Paddle hard and fast to maneuver your raft through the roaring dips and bends of more than 20 Class III rapids. Take a break from the intense action halfway through your adventure, when you?ll disembark on the riverbank for a rest and replenishing snack of fresh fruit.
After about 2 hours experiencing the thrill of the rapids, step back on solid ground. You will then enjoy lunch at this point before the return drive to San Jose.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned van or coach (depending on the group size)
- Certified guide
- All river-rafting equipment
- Lunch Exclusions Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at a time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Please bring a swimsuit, towel, sandals and a change of clothes
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Note: During the rainy season, the tour is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date/tour option
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Tour departs from select San Jose hotels
6 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point