A safari rafting tour on the Penas Blancas River provides ample opportunities to see Costa Rica?s wildlife like sloths, monkeys, and toucans in a super relaxing and accessible way. As you float down a calm portion of the river, your guide helps you notice animals and answers all your questions?a small-group tour means you have time and attention to chat.
- Safari rafting trip down the Penas Blancas River from La Fortuna Serene and accessible way to see wildlife like bats and monkeys
- Small-group tour means you have more of your guide?s attention
- All transportation with hotel pickup and drop-off included for easy transit
What You Can Expect
We will pick you up from your hotel (7 am for the morning tour or 1 pm for the afternoon tour) if it is in the vicinity of La Fortuna or along the way; either wise, we will wait for you at our office and leave from there for the river. The Pe?as Blancas River is located 25 mins from town, where you will be given your safety gear and meet your guide. The time we will spend on the river looking at animals and plants is between 2-2.5 hours depending on the river flow and the amount of wildlife we encounter. We will take out of the river at a farm run by a local family where we will enjoy some refreshments and typical Costa Rican snacks. You can visit the farm animals too. Once we are well fed and ready to go we will drive you back from where we picked you up or to your next activity if possible. The return drive is about 30 minutes to La Fortuna. This tour is designed for you to relax, enjoy and learn about the tropical rainforest and its habitats. It is great for wildlife, botanical and photography enthusiasts. All our tours support the local communities and are small and personalized to give you great customer service and to keep our environmental footprint low.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected area only)
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Dress in comfortable clothes, shoes that can get wet, sun hat or rain poncho
- Bring sun lotion, bug spray, camera and binoculars
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 1 person per booking is required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions unless the weather is causing dangerous conditions such as floods, etc. in which case you will be given the option of an alternative time, date, river or full refund.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
You’re at the?hotel if it is in the vicinity of La Fortuna or our main office.
Morning tour between 7:00 am-7:30 am.
Afternoon tour 1:00 pm-1:30 pm.
4 hours (approx.) Language options