Create your own adventure with this two-part tour on the densely forested side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano. Start the tour with a 9-cable zip line course and Tarzan Swing over the tropical rainforest, followed by a free afternoon with your choice of activities that take advantage of the natural environment, including swimming, hiking, or relaxing in mud baths and thermal hot springs. This tour includes lunch, a cocktail, and hotel pickup and drop-off from Liberia.
- Zipline, Tarzan Swing, hiking, and more on Rincon de la Vieja
- Round-trip transportation from Liberia makes it easy to see a variety of Costa Rica’s natural attractions on a day trip
- Family friendly activity ideal for kids, teens, and adults alike
- Choice of afternoon activities lets you customize the tour to fit your preferences
- Lunch and welcome cocktail included
What You Can Expect
Between 7am-8am you’ll be picked up from your Liberia hotel by a bi-lingual guide for transport to a lush rainforest only found on the north side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano. The drive will take approximately 2 hours to reach Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the spa. Upon arrival, change clothing in preparation for your first adventure.
Next, speed along 9 long zip lines woven from treetop to treetop in Northern Costa Rica’s rainforest jungle. On one side see the views of Rincon de la Vieja and on the other, Lake Nicaragua. After the final canopy ride, swing down from the trees like Tarzan. Afterward, begin a hike along forest trails to view a breathtaking blue volcanic river, cascading waterfalls, exotic plants, and wildlife. Be amazed by the beauty, the tropical rainforest and colorful birds. In the early afternoon, savor a delightful lunch at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs (meal included).
After lunch, you’ll have about 2.5 hours to take part in your choice of 1 or more activities at the resort including swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools (4 of them, unique large natural mineral “green” hot springs and 1 freshwater pool with a bullet waterslide); take a walk through the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, Heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caimon Lake and Bird Lake; experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho; take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and freshwater river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek which is found inside the botanical gardens (you’ll actually see the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 140 degrees Fahrenheit (60 degrees Celcius); visit miniature horses and donkeys or unwind some more with a spa treatment (at own expense) at the full-service Blue River Spa. At the end of the day, depart the resort around 4 pm to return to Liberia to arrive in time for dinner.
- All taxes & entrance fees
- Fixed lunch
- All activities
- Bilingual guide? – English, and Spanish
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Locker & change-room
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase at Tiki Bar & Restaurant)
- Food and beverages, beyond what is included
- Spa Treatments
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Sunblock, bug repellent and other necessities (some available for purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum age is 4?years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Maximum waist size 40″ (102 cm)
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your hotel in Liberia
Exact pickup time will be advised at reconfirmation. Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
9 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point