Spend a full day exploring Costa Rica?s notoriously active crater on this 3-in-1 Arenal combo adventure. Hike through the jungle surrounding Arenal Volcano on a series of nature trails and hanging bridges, and trek down to the base of La Fortuna Waterfall to appreciate the height and power of the cascade and swim in a natural pool. Finish with a majestic perspective as you explore the lava fields of former eruptions and look for native wildlife along the trails of Arenal Volcano National Park.
- Full-day Arenal Combo tour from La Fortuna
- Experience three different Arenal adventures in a single day
- Hike through the rainforest on nature trails and suspended bridges
- Climb the steps down to the base of La Fortuna Waterfall for impressive views and a swim
- Trek through lava fields and enjoy views of Arenal Lake on a hike around the base of the volcano
- Includes a tropical fruit snack and lunch at a local family’s home
- Great option for those with limited time in Arenal
What You Can Expect
Do you have limited time in the Arenal area??Well, this is the perfect option for you; the tour is designed with an outstanding combination to explore around the volcano, where you can hike the volcano, walk on the hanging bridges and see the waterfall.
The first activity consists of a nature guided hike through trails in combination with suspension bridges. Remember that you are here not only to explore but to also taste the flavor of the beautiful country. At the end of your hike, you will get to enjoy a tropical fruit snack. Around 11:30 am you will be ready to continue with the next adventure, where you will walk down 498 steps to enjoy and get amazed with the beauty of La Fortuna Waterfall. This is a perfect place to take pictures, swim in the pristine water, and look at the wonderful scene.
Are you hungry now? Lunchtime has come just in time, around 1:30 pm you will be visiting a local family for lunch, a very tasty fresh typical lunch that is served in an open air area. Sit and enjoy the sounds of the biodiversity around. If you haven?t tried Costa Rican homemade coffee yet then this is the perfect opportunity. A cup of good coffee is offered after lunch for those who would love to try it. Relax for a little before heading to the last adventure.
Last but not least, at approximately 3:00 pm, you will start the journey to the famous Arenal Volcano National Park, combining history and biodiversity. One of the trails offers the opportunity to walk through an ancient lava flow originated by a big eruption in 1992. From here you will have amazing views and take pictures of Arenal Lake and Volcano from the base. This allows you to explore secondary rainforest and wildlife at the same time. Rest assured, your visit will be very safe and enjoyable.
It?s time to bring you back to your hotel at around 5:00 pm. The day has gone so fast, but you will have good memories of your visit to Costa Rica for a long time.
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Arenal/La Fortuna only
- National Park fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside La Fortuna/Arenal
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Recommended items: Tennis or hiking shoes, a bottle of water, raincoat, comfortable clothes, insect repellent, swimming suit, camera
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Your hotel in La Fortuna/Arenal (some hotels located out of town might have additional charges)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
9 hours 30 minutes (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point