Explore three levels of lush Costa Rican rainforest from the floor to the canopy on a 3-hour guided tour of Braulio Carrillo National Park. Learn about local flora and fauna as you walk along nature trails, explore specialty gardens, and glide over treetops in an aerial tram, all narrated by a guide with extensive knowledge about the local ecosystem. Optional upgrade includes pickup and drop-off from your lodging in San Jose and a typical lunch.
- Explore three levels of the rainforest on a 3-hour guided tour of Braulio Carrillo National Park in Costa Rica
- Pop into specialty garden exhibits, including a butterfly and hummingbird habitat, reptile terrarium, and orchid garden
- Glide above the treetops on an aerial tram that provides a bird?s eye view of the lush tropical environment
- Wheelchair accessible and geared to please children and adults alike
- Optional upgrade includes local lunch and hotel pickup and drop-off from San Jose
What You Can Expect
Aerial Tram Make your own way to Braulio Carrillo National Park or opt for an upgrade to include roundtrip transportation from your hotel in San Jose. Upon arriving at the park, wander down paved trails on a short guided nature walk, pausing to learn about the flora and fauna that characterize the region.
Step into a butterfly and hummingbird garden to see these colorful pollinators feast on tropical flowers while your guide explains their key lifecycle events and traits. Then pop into the orchid garden, which contains salvaged tropical orchids found on the forest floor, before heading to the terrarium to view reptiles and amphibians.
After your walk, climb aboard an open and secure aerial tram that transports you through two stories of the of the rainforest for a comprehensive perspective on the environment. Throughout the 70-minute ride, learn about the biodiverse ecosystem from your guide, who will point out native plant species and animal sightings among the hanging gardens and verdant vegetation. Keep your eyes peeled and your cameras ready for possible appearances by tree sloths, spider monkeys, keel-billed toucans, and other tropical inhabitants.
Back on the forest floor, enjoy a typical Costa Rican lunch like rice, beans, chicken, and plantains (optional upon booking), or just relax in the natural environment. Return to your hotel in San Jose with optional transport upgrade or make your own way back to your lodging.
Please note: A minimum of two passengers per booking is required.
- Entrance Fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off (If selected with this option)
- Lunch (If selected with this option)
- Aerial Tram
- Guided walk
- Butterfly garden
- Orchids garden
- Hummingbird garden
- Terrarium (amphibians and reptiles)
- Naturalistic bilingual guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Infant meals not included
- A minimum of 2 passengers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
At your hotel in San Jose (if upgrade selected); otherwise, entrance to Braulio Carrillo National Park
Tram and tour option: 7:30am, 9am, 10:30am, 12pm and 2pm
Tram and tour option with lunch and transport: 7:30 am and 10:30 am
3 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point