Slip into a state of pure bliss among a tropical paradise at the base of Costa Rica?s active Arenal Volcano. On this all-inclusive day trip from San Jose, travel to La Fortuna for fantastic views of the famous peak and an afternoon spent relaxing along the mineral-rich thermal pools of Tabac?n Hot Springs. Lunch, dinner, and a stop in the artisan town of Sarchi are all included for a memorable day of ?Pura Vida.?
- Full-day tour from San Jose to La Fortuna
- See the world’s largest ox cart in the artisan village of Sarchi
- Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant with views of Arenal Volcano
- Soak your cares away in the thermal pools of Tabac?n Hot Springs
- Relax in mineral-rich water surrounded by lush vegetation
- End the day with included dinner and more stellar volcano views
What You Can Expect
Begin with morning pickup at your central San Jose hotel, and travel through traditional farming villages and plantations en route to La Fortuna. Along the way, stop in the town of Sarchi, known for its artisan community and signature hand-painted ox carts. Here you can even see the world?s largest oxcart, stretching 45 feet (14 meters) long and weighing a hefty 4,400 lbs ( 2 tons).
Celebrate your arrival in La Fortuna with included lunch at a local restaurant with stellar views of the region?s beautiful and imposing landmark, active Arenal Volcano. Head next to the renowned Tabac?n Hot Springs for an afternoon of relaxation among the natural thermal pools and waterfalls. Choose from various sizes and temperatures, all surrounded by lush tropical vegetation.
Enjoy several hours of leisure time here, and deepen your understanding of Pura Vida (?pure life?) with an optional message, mud wrap, or other treatment from the spa (own expense). As dusk falls across the Fortuna de San Carlos region, enjoy a delicious dinner of typical Costa Rican fare accompanied by more views of the volcano bathed in the changing light. Relax on the return ride to your San Jose hotel in the evening.
- Tour guide
- Admission to hot springs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after booking
- Recommended items to bring: swimsuit, comfortable shoes, sweater, camera
- IMPORTANT: If you do not have at least two passengers, the tour will be canceled
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels in Downtown San Jose
Hotel pickups between 7:10am – 8:30am
13 hours (approx.)
Returns to the original departure point