In just one day, it?s possible to visit top Costa Rica attractions like Arenal Volcano, La Paz Waterfall, and Arenal Hot Springs when you book this guided tour from San Jose. All-inclusive private transport smooths over otherwise tricky transportation logistics, and your guide keeps you well entertained and informed as you explore. This tour includes all entrance fees plus two meals, adding up to a great value.
- See top Costa Rica attractions from San Jose in a day?great for a short trip
- Learning about the rainforest is made fun on a zip line course
- The guide shares information and leads you every step of the way
- Avoid the hassle of public transit or navigation with included transport
What You Can Expect
Discover several of the beauties of Costa Rica in a single day on this Arenal Volcano Mega Combo Tour. You will be picked up in the morning from your San Jose Hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle, and then?drive along the less-traveled ?scenic route? to Arenal, with great views of volcanoes, plantations, waterfalls, jungles, and local towns.
En route to Arenal, stop in a coffee plantation where your guide will show you the coffee plants and will give you a briefing about coffee in Costa Rica and savor a cup of some of the best coffee in the world. Later on, you will stop at the famous La Paz Waterfall for a few minutes to take pictures; and shortly after another stop will be made at the San Fernando Waterfall look-out point, where you can take pictures of this natural wonder and admire the exotic bird?s gallery that includes several species of hummingbirds. The next stop will be at the Iguanas Center, where you will be able to see several of these rainforest animals at eye level in their natural habitat from a bridge viewing point, and you will also go to a place nearby where sloths are normally observed in the wild.
Following you will savor a hearty lunch of authentic Costa Rican Cuisine in a restaurant at the base of Arenal Volcano. Then, explore the Rainforest Jungles on a two-hour zip lining adventure that includes a total of 9 cables, a 150 feet high rappel line over the Arenal River and a short indigenous tribe presentation where you will learn about the culture and traditions of the Maleku People of this region.
Continue this perfect day of adventure and sightseeing by relaxing for a couple of hours at the thermal mineral waters of Paradise Hot Springs and Gardens, where you will find small pools, Jacuzzis and cascading waterfalls on larger lagoons, all surrounded by the most beautiful tropical gardens. After soaking in the hot springs, you will head back to your San Jose Hotel and will have a delicious dinner in a Costa Rican typical restaurant on route.
After approximately 15 hours it?s time to go back to your San Jose Hotel.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (most San Jose area hotels)
- Professional Bilingual Guide
- Coffee Degustation
- All entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Services not specified
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If the zip lining tour has to be canceled due to any reason (weather, maintenance, etc.) it would be replaced with a walk through the rainforest
- This tour includes man-made hot springs pools, filled with natural thermal water
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual smart, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Centrally located San Jose Hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
13 to 15 hrs
Same as Departure Location.
Drop off with luggage is available in the centrally located Arenal / La Fortuna area Hotels. Dinner will not be included if you choose this option since the restaurant is on the way back to San Jose. In this case, the cost for dinner will be substituted?for the transportation with luggage to your?Arenal / La Fortuna area hotel.