Ride a horse along one of Costa Rica beautiful beaches during a horseback riding tour at a secluded coastal ranch near Jaco. All experience levels are welcome, as professional cowboy guides give beginners the instruction they need and let more advanced riders cut loose and trot, gallop and ride in the surf. Choose from a morning or afternoon tour, and complete your rancho experience with either lunch at a local restaurant or sunset drinks and appetizers.
- Beach horseback riding tour near Jaco
- Explore the beaches of Costa Rica on horseback
- Ride through forests and pastures on a private coastal cattle ranch
- Led by an English-speaking Costa Rican cowboy
- Choose from a morning or afternoon tour
- Enjoy lunch at a restaurant on the morning tour or drinks and appetizers with the sunset tour
- All riding experience levels welcome
What You Can Expect
We welcome you to enjoy great healthy horses at our privileged location, a ranch next to the beach, guided by an experienced authentic horseman.?It is a 2-hour ride that has been the best experience in Costa Rica according to TripAdvisor customers.?You will be picked up at your hotel in Jaco ?rea, Hermosa, Herradura or Punta Leona.?Easy safe transfer to our location on rancho Monterey.
Riding instructions will give you comfort and confidence to be safe with the chosen horse.?The beach is secluded, and the ranch offers wide open trails on cattle fields and forested zones.
Tours are open to all levels of experience and organized into small groups in order to provide you with the best possible riding experience and give you all the personal attention possible. According to your level, you will be able to trot, gallop and swim with horses, depending on water conditions and rider choice.
During morning rides are a? lifetime experience that we recommend for ages above 10 years or older.?AM tours included our delicious local style lunch (veggies fish or chicken).?Your sunset ride will have more time on the beach to focus on making amazing pictures with horses walking into the surf.?The sunset tours close with drinks.
(Sunsets more spectacular seen from November-April).
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from jaco or Herradura if chosen option
- Costa Rica Horseman guide
- All necessary equipment including a helmet
- Lunch at beachfront rest if chosen option
- Photo and video have taken
- Alcoholic beverages
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking when transfer required
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- All passenger weight and age MUST be advised at time of booking
- Maximum weight is 240 lbs (110 kilos)
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum age is?10 years
- Please bring a hat, a swimsuit, lightweight pants, secure?footwear, sunscreen, and insect repellent
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Hotels in?Punta Leona, Caletas, Herradura, Jaco, and Playa
Hermosa. Transportation from other locations is available for an additional cost.
Tours depart from the ranch at?8:30 am and?3:00 pm
Your transportation will pick you up about 30 to 45 minutes before your scheduled tour. Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Returns to original departure point