A great, all-encompassing tour of Costa Rica! Enjoy a “6 in 1 tour” with a professional naturalist tour guide, who will introduce you to the most important aspects of the Afro-Caribbean Culture of Costa Rica, and show you the rich wildlife of this fascinating region.
During this tour you will enjoy:
1) City Tour:
2) The Jungle Trail?Cahuita national park on Vargas trail
3) Visit a Banana plantation from outside
4) Coastal Drive
5) The Tortuguero Canals
6) Enjoy the Souvenirs Stores & Shopping
What You Can Expect
During this tour you will enjoy:
1) City Tour: History records that in 1502 Christopher Columbus landed in Costa Rica at the place known as Puerto Lim?n. the city of port Limon have a lot of Caribbean design and you will see and learn about this history of the Jamaican in Costa Rica, you will see an important church and the old train station of Limon made by the United fruit company!
2) The Jungle Trail on Cahuita national park (Vargas trail): The Jungle Trail offers 2 kilometers trek through a secondary forest offering beautiful landscapes, various flora and fauna, and including many opportunities to see the remarkably fascinating different frog species of Costa Rica, for example, the red dart frog (dendrobates pumillo), howler monkey, white face monkey, the two species of sloths and more!
Inside the trail, among the abundant fauna visitors may witness the 3 toed sloths and see the different species of birds: Toucans, Oropendola, Tanagers, Hummingbirds, kiskidees and much more, squirrels, and the majestic butterflies that swarm through the trail. The creeks which appear during the trail, add a crisp freshness to the air, yet more importantly, enable the reproduction of many of the organisms living there. For example, these creeks create the perfect atmosphere for the various types of frogs you will encounter, allowing the perfect place for egg laying. You will witness the beautiful flora, such as the ep?fites, and bromeliads as well as other ground level plants with various sized leaves appearing in their plenty. The different species of trees ranging from young to old, small to large, serve as homes to many of the creatures being large mammals to tiny insects. These trees as you will witness are also adorned by the lianas that hang from the branches.
3) Visit a Banana plantation for outside, our guide will provide you many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained, Costa Rica is the second largest banana producer in the world, with more than 106,000 acres of plantations devoted exclusively to banana production.
4) Coastal Drive:?You will see from the cost the beautiful paradise of Limon, the Uvita Island an important place of the history of all Costa Rica, the airport and if you are lucky you will see monkeys on the trees of the road
5) The Tortuguero Canals:?You will make a boat ride of 1 hour, on the Tortuguero canals one of the biggest risers in the country, this is a special place because this is a natural canal, have a lot of mangroves, for that main reason it lives a lot of nature on this river,?Keep an eye open for wildlife, like the howler monkeys, many sloths, snowy egret, hawks, aquatic birds, caimans and crocodiles.
6) Enjoy the Souvenirs Stores & Shopping: During our Limon Highlights tour. here you can taste?and buy the famous terrazu coffe one of the best in all Costa Rica.
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- At the time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at the time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Meet up will be at cruise pier, our uniform is a red color shirt and you will see a sign with your name on it please ask for Edgard
30 minutes after the cruise arrives
From the hotel at 8:30 am
6 hours (approx.)