Monkey around in Costa Rica’s Caribbean rainforest on a thrilling canopy zip line tour. Venture inland from the coast to a base camp at a local farm, where professional instructors help you gear up and guide you on a dynamic course of 21 platforms and state-of-the-art carbon fiber cables. Crisscross the jungle at various levels, and learn about native plants and animals while trekking along tropical trails. Finish with an extra adrenaline boost on the Tarzan swing and ultra-long Superman cable.
- Half-day canopy tour from Puerto Viejo or Cahuita
- Fly through the Costa Rican rainforest on a zip line course
- Traverse different levels of the jungle across 21 different platforms
- Soar like a superhero on the nearly 1,000-foot (300-meter) Superman cable
- Learn about local wildlife and plants used by indigenous people
- Professional guides ensure safety
- Uses the latest-technology carbon fiber cables
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Begin your aerial adventure with a pickup in Puerto Viejo de Limon or Cahuita, a short stop at the local operator’s office to gather the group and a scenic 30-minute drive through the lush landscape to arrive at the farm’s operation base comprised of the first platform. The canopy tour consists of 9 aerial platforms, 13 ground platforms totaling 9,055 ft (2,760 m) of cables and a guided hike. Prior to taking your first flight, your expert guides will provide a safety orientation and provide you with all the gear you need, including helmet, harness, and gloves.
Climb to the top of the first platform and warm up your courage with 2 relatively short lines before taking one of the most spectacular cables at 935 ft (285 m) in length and 262 ft (80 m) in height. Upon landing, you’ll be in the heart of the jungle ready to begin a hike with your naturalist guide. On the trail, learn about the flora and fauna of the primary forest, and the use of the plants by the indigenous people. After reaching the next platform, continue your canopy adventure. Upon reaching the seventh platform, your feet will not touch the ground again until the end of the route, so expect to soar through the jungle during this portion with a bird’s-eye view. In this part of the jungle, the former steel cables have been replaced with ones made of carbon fiber offering the latest technology and quality and known for being almost completely silent, thus avoiding noise pollution within the jungle. Listen to your naturalist guide continue with explanations about environmental curiosities that surround you. In one of the sections of the aerial route, you’ll have the opportunity to descend from the platform to the ground with the Tarzan swing or with the last canopy cable.
Finally, you’ll begin your return, saving the 2 most spectacular cables for last. Once you arrive back to the farm, you’ll be served fruit and water in a rest area before boarding your vehicle for your return transfer to your hotel. To add another bit of adrenaline rush, your combo ticket also includes the Superman cable where you can glide through a 984-ft (300-m) cable flying like the famous superhero over the forest canopy.
- Certified guide
- Tropical fruit
- Full equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 11 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required;?There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not suitable for pregnant women
- Not available for persons weighing more than 264 lbs (120 kgs) and/or persons with recent surgery
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase
- Please note that the hotel pickup might be 2 hours prior to the tour departure, depending on the location of your hotel
- Please be in your hotel lobby?30 minutes before the scheduled pickup?time
- What to bring: comfortable shoes, insect repellent (if you do not have a natural repellent, a local operator can provide)
- IMPORTANT:?If you do not have the two passengers at least, the tour is canceled.
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Puerto Viejo de Limon and Cahuita hotels
Hotel pickups commence up to 2 hours prior to this time; exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
4 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point around 1pm