Paddle through one of Costa Rica’s most unique ecosystems on a kayak tour of Damas Island from Manuel Antonio. Navigate the Paquita River through leafy tunnels and channels lined with mangrove forest as a guide shares insight into the diverse landscape teeming with wildlife. The pace of a kayak allows you to look for the many animals and birds that make their home among the mangroves, including reptiles, white-faced monkeys, anteaters, and herons.
- Half-day Damas Island kayak tour from Manuel Antonio
- Explore the biodiverse ecosystem of Costa Rica’s mangroves
- Learn about the area’s flora and fauna from an expert guide Includes lunch
- No kayaking experience necessary
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
After hotel pickup commences, embark on a 20-minute drive during which your guide will describe the scenery highlights to you. This Damas Island kayaking tour will unveil to you the wonders and uniqueness of Costa Rica?s mangroves ecosystem.
Set out on the Paquita river and float along the soft currents under a verdant forest canopy. Look around your new surroundings and keep your eyes wide open so that you can spot an uncountable amount of bird species, reptiles, anteaters, and white-faced monkeys. While you silently observe this amazing habitat your guide will offer explanations about the flora and fauna found in this incomparable region.
This Damas Island kayaking tour takes you through the natural canals and provides an ideal opportunity to view many birds such as herons, kingfishers, ospreys, and frigates birds. As you navigate through the brackish waters you can catch glimpses of the island as you pass beneath tunnels made naturally from tree growths. This tour takes you across the waters for approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes; lunch is arranged before or after the trip. This Damas Island kayaking tour does not require previous experience.
- Tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available for purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If you have not booked a hotel yet, you are required to provide this information to the local operator as soon as possible after your purchase
- Please be ready 30 minutes prior to pick up in your hotel lobby
- Important: A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
From Manuel Antonio hotels (Parador, San Bada, Villas Lirio La Mariposa, La Mansion Inn)
Subject to morning tide
4 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point