Experience two thrilling activities in one day on this action-packed full-day tour from La Fortuna. Get your adrenaline pumping as you rappel, climb, and zip-line on a canyoning adventure, then tackle Class II and III rapids as you try white water rafting on the Balsa River. Hotel pick-up and lunch is included.
- Full-day canyoning and white water rafting tour from La Fortuna
- Enjoy rappelling, climbing, and zip-lining through a spectacular natural canyon
- Get your adrenaline pumping white water rafting down the Balsa River
- Practice your rafting skills on Class II and III rapids
- Tuck into a delicious Costa Rican lunch at a country restaurant
- No experience necessary: full instruction provided
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup, lunch, and round-trip transport
What You Can Expect
Begin your tour with a 7.30am pick up from your La Fortuna hotel. Traveling by comfortable 4×4, enjoy the scenery on the around 30-minute drive into the heart of the rainforest. On arrival, listen to the safety briefing and get suited up for your canyoning experience.
Accompanied by experienced guides, enjoy a daring rappel down a waterfall, an exhilarating climb up the canyon wall, and a high-speed zip-line ride across the canyon. After a final rappel down to the canyon floor, take a moment to enjoy the spectacular scenery, with the majestic Arenal Volcano looming in the background, before hiking back through the canyon to your vehicle.
Re-fuel with some tasty tropical fruits, before continuing by 4×4 to the Balsa River for the second part of your adventure. On arrival, get suited up for your white water rafting experience and listen as your instructor explains the basic paddling and steering techniques, as well as important safety rules.
Then, jump aboard the raft and set out on a thrilling 2-hour rafting ride. As you paddle downstream, enjoy stunning views of the surrounding rainforest, keeping a lookout for monkeys, sloths, and toucans along the riverbanks, and get your adrenaline pumping as you paddle over Class II and III rapids, including the ?Magnetic Rock? and the ?Dredges?. Cold drinks and fresh fruits will keep you energized along the way, and you can also take the opportunity to cool off with a swim in the river.
After returning to land and drying off, tuck into a typical Costa Rican lunch (lunch) at a traditional country estate, before setting out on the return journey.
Your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel between 4 pm and 4.30 pm.
Please note: appropriate footwear is required for this trip ? no flip-flops or shoes that might slip off during the activities. It is also recommended to bring a change of clothing and towel.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Provided equipment: tube, vest, and helmet
- Alcoholic drinks
- Soft Drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on the river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off the bus and at end of tours
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Pick up at hotels in immediate La Fortuna area; additional charge for hotels outside of immediate?La Fortuna area.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
9 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point