Enjoy the adventure of the Sarapiqui River, doing the rafting class II-III and uncover the little-known treasures of a rural community on a 3-hour insider walking and interactive tour with a tour guide.
– The tour starts at 9.30 am at our operation center?in Chilamate, Sarapiqu?.
– The best adventure on the river: Rafting class II-III in the morning.
– Enjoy a delicious typical Costa Rican lunch with a refreshing natural drink.
– In the afternoon, explore a rural community and its people. Choosing 2 cultural options of 3. ? ? ? ? ?* Leaf-Cutter Ants Tour / Eco-Organic & Sustainable Farm /?Artisan shop tutorial.
– Small-group format ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Discover the thrilling Sarapiqu? rapids adventure and the human side of our community by mixing the rafting adventure and a visit to Kay Rica Rural Community with its 3 options to do.
After the adrenaline, adventure on our rafting trip, and the delicious lunch, we will take a visit to a Rural Eco Farm where you will learn a cultural experience about the history of a rural family that came to this region looking for better opportunities. The crops and the cattle are just part of this daily effort history.
The ant’s tour is a project that was created 12 years ago after to have curiosity in this important insect. In a natural environment, created for the observation of the Cutter Leaves Ants?and its amazing diurnal work. The education and the cultural part is guaranteed.
Visit one of the local female artisans who recycle plastic bottles and bags in order to create art and souvenirs. Now the community does not discard these materials but voluntarily take them to these hard-working dreamers. Be an artisan yourself. Try to do it under their instruction.
Get involved and live a unique cultural experience in a rural community and support them to improve their lives.
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
You can present either a paper or mobile ticket for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Ticket. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Aguas Bravas Operation Center
Every day at 9.30 am
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
8 hours (approx.)
Aguas Bravas Operation Center