Travel to Nicaragua one day Tour round-trip tour from La Fortuna, Costa Rica. Cross the border to visit the neighboring Central American country and see Lake Nicaragua, the islands of the Solentiname Archipelago, wildlife, national monuments, and more. Includes light breakfast, lunch, guide,?entrance fees, transportation, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
- 12-hour Nicaragua tour from La Fortuna, Costa Rica
- Travel to some of the 36 islands on Lake Nicaragua
- Visit the village on Mancarr?n, the biggest island in the Solentiname archipelago
- Have a bunch of Nicaraguan cuisine with fresh fish
- Includes boxed breakfast, restaurant lunch, entrance fees, guide, and all transportation
What You Can Expect
After morning pickup at 6:00 am at your hotel in La Fortuna, travel in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan to Costa Rica?s northern border.
Pass through the border control in Los Chiles and transfer to your Nicaraguan transportation for the scenic ride to San Carlos, Nicaragua. Along the way, cross the Santa Fe Bridge, which spans the?San Juan River ? the natural border between Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
Upon arrival in San Carlos, take a guided journey through the historic city streets of La Fortaleza, El Mirador, and Malecon. Afterward, board a speedboat to explore the main attraction of the day: Nicaragua Lake, the second largest lake in Latin America and the only place in the world where freshwater sharks live.
Visit the Solentiname Archipelago, which contains 36 islands that have been declared a Nicaraguan National Monument. Stop at the islands of Zapote and Zapotillo, also known as the ‘Bird Islands’ due to the population of herons, pelicans, cormorants, roseate spoonbills, ospreys, and other bird species. Take a break at San Fernando island for a traditional Nicaraguan lunch that features fresh fish from the lake.
Next up, take a short boat ride to the island of Mancarron, the biggest and?most popular island of the archipelago. Walk through the town to see the Archaeological Museum and attractions like a historical church or the workshops of local artists.
At the end of the day, head back to Costa Rica where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel in La Fortuna.
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled mineral water
- Box Breakfast
- Traditional Nicaraguan Lunch
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi
- Aquatic transportation
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- $7 Costa Rican exit tax, $12 Nicaraguan entrance tax, $2 Nicaraguan exit tax.
- Other personal expenses.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Schedule and Pricing
Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible – we 100% guarantee it. Your currency is set to USD.
Departs from your La Fortuna hotel. Pickups from hotels that are located too far from La Fortuna or the main road near the volcano may have an extra charge.
12 hours (approx.)
Returns to original departure point
Be the first to review “Full Day Nicaragua Tour from La Fortuna”